Remember when Ariana outperformed Ariana?

Same! Ari is the only CONSISTENT pop girl that gets me excited the way Britney did. I had a moment with Dua and Selena (still like those two a lot), but Ariana has never let me down with her career. When I heard the leaked audio from Wicked and her hitting those high operatic notes- I died!!Β :melt_weird_drift_wow:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
5 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Same! Ari is the only CONSISTENT pop girl that gets me excited the way Britney did. I had a moment with Dua and Selena (still like those two a lot), but Ariana has never let me down with her career. When I heard the leaked audio from Wicked and her hitting those high operatic notes- I died!!Β :melt_weird_drift_wow:

Seriously, she never fails to deliver and I actually adore her for it :melt_weird_drift_wow:I also like Selena but these powerhouse performances are something she generally lacks as an artist so she othen fails to hype it up :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Seriously, she never fails to deliver and I actually adore her for it :melt_weird_drift_wow:I also like Selena but these powerhouse performances are something she generally lacks as an artist so she othen fails to hype it up :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I really thought Selena was about to become a great pop star once the Stars Dance era started. Then Revival came out and it was everything- videos, singles, stepped up her performances. Then she released Rare and it was a mess. Yes the first single went to number one, but her performances after were bad and poor single choices throughout. But I’m happy to see her being taken as a serious actress now. Those Golden Globe and SAG nominations were huge! I think she’ll win next year!Β :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I really thought Selena was about to become a great pop star once the Stars Dance era started. Then Revival came out and it was everything- videos, singles, stepped up her performances. Then she released Rare and it was a mess. Yes the first single went to number one, but her performances after were bad and poor single choices throughout. But I’m happy to see her being taken as a serious actress now. Those Golden Globe and SAG nominations were huge! I think she’ll win next year!Β :rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

I think Rare was almost all filler. I liked "Rare" and "Look at her now" but not much else. Also, I love "Yours Truly" through "Sweetener",and I really like "Thank U,Next"(even though the singles are the iffiest), but "positions" is mostly terrible. "Pov" and "safety net" are the only songs I like on that album.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Blackout44 said:

I think Rare was almost all filler. I liked "Rare" and "Look at her now" but not much else. Also, I love "Yours Truly" through "Sweetener",and I really like "Thank U,Next"(even though the singles are the iffiest), but "positions" is mostly terrible. "Pov" and "safety net" are the only songs I like on that album.

Same about the Selena album. I also like β€œRing”. LAHN was okay. I think the album offered such boring tracks that I gravitated to the song because it was the best out of the bunch. But when it comes on shuffle, I realized I only liked it because it was new Selena music and it was the best dancey music she had to offer from the album.Β 

I loved every Ari album except Sweetener. I know the fanbase loves it, but I only like a select few songs. Overall, I hated her work with Pharrell. :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:β€œPositions” was a bit too R&B for my pop taste but even then I’ll listen to that full album over Sweetener.Β 

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I finally listened to her first three albums at the beginning of the year and they’re all solid. I was seriously impressed by how strong Yours Truly was for a debut album!!! Just take off Popular Song (it’s cute but sounds out of place imo) and you have 11 great tracks.

Thank U Next is still some of her best work imo. I do miss Ariana but I know she’s working hard on Wicked atm.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

Same about the Selena album. I also like β€œRing”. LAHN was okay. I think the album offered such boring tracks that I gravitated to the song because it was the best out of the bunch. But when it comes on shuffle, I realized I only liked it because it was new Selena music and it was the best dancey music she had to offer from the album.Β 

I loved every Ari album except Sweetener. I know the fanbase loves it, but I only like a select few songs. Overall, I hated her work with Pharrell. :embarrassed_britney_2007_red_hide_ashamed_cover:β€œPositions” was a bit too R&B for my pop taste but even then I’ll listen to that full album over Sweetener.Β 

Nnn Sweetener is my least fave Ari album too. If it sounded more like the three singles, Everytime, Goodnight N Go and Get Well Soon it would have been perfect. I’m not sure what happened to Pharrell but most of his work on the album wasn’t good.

I like Rare. Nothing too special but there’s some decent songs on that album. Look At Her Now is one of my favourite Selena songs.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block