Was 'In The Zone' supposed to have an electro sound?

I think that in the zone took a few years to record (well 2 for her was a lot at the time with how they’d work her back to back) 

but I think that in the zone did technically become an at large, electro pop record with a lot of hip hop, rave, and rock influences. 

• Love 2

There's definitely still a lot of electronic influenced songs on the album like Breathe On Me, Shadow, Brave New Girl, Don't Hang Up and obviously Over To You Now and Girls and Boys, which weren't included on the album but recorded during the sessions and later released elsewhere. But overall it seems they were going for a mixed sound for the album and exploring different genres.

Honestly if In the Zone had been COMPLETELY electronic sounding I wouldn't have been upset, those songs are really good. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, amanda everybody said:

I was listening to some demos and they feel they would fit in Kylie 'Body Language' album or even Holly Valance 'State of Mind' album (supposedly half of the songs are Britney rejects)
So I wonder if the album was supposed to have this sound before the one we know today

Songs that fits the vibe

LMAO I was listening to Girls and Boys as I looked at this.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Blackout44 said:

No It was supposed to be on Original Doll. It is so powerful, and when I listened to the fanmade original Doll it was always the highlight.

i don't think original doll should sound like that :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I think she had to sound more like that :

(we don't know the official tracks but I'm sure these songs was for original doll because it sounds different from her other songs) 

Edited by BSfan4Ever
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Blackout44 said:

No It was supposed to be on Original Doll. It is so powerful, and when I listened to the fanmade original Doll it was always the highlight.

It was recorded in 2003.... we have no confirmed Original Doll songs except for Mona Lisa and we're not even sure if it really exists.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BSfan4Ever said:

i don't think original doll should sound like that :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I think she had to sound more like that :

(we don't know the official tracks but I'm sure these songs was for original doll because it sounds different from her other songs) 

I think that OD should start with Mona Lisa, and then the next 10 be theose kind of songs, then end with Rockstar, Money, Love, and Happiness, It feels nice, and then Rebellion

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block