(I Got That) Boom Boom - a hit that got away?

Is (I Got That) Boom Boom a hit that got away? From what i remember, i believe Jive wanted it to be the first, then the second single of off In The Zone... And to be fair, we can't blame them for that. The song was very of its time, it's catchy, it's danceable and had Ying Yang Twins on it (who just had a hit with Get Low). I think it had all the makings of a top 10 single. But, if I'm not mistaken, Britney isn't the biggest fan of this track (i don't think she hates it, tho, it's just indifference Britney Spears Wednesday GIF) and she pushed both Me Against the Music and Toxic to be the lead and the second single respectively. 

So, what do you think? I believe that the song could've easily been the 2nd single from ITZ and then followed by the one and only Toxic.

It was mean to be the second single but it got scrapped after poor reception from the audience.

In the end it just served as a "hype" single to promote the album release.

Fans were not going to accept anything else over Toxic as the second single once the full album came out.....

• Love 3

(I Got That) Boom Boom is such a bop. A bit of its time by todays standards but would have absolutely been a hit imo. 
Britney even performed it several times and it had its own complex choreography. All the ingredients were right there. Definitely a hit that got away. 
It’s hard to disagree with Toxic as a single and I have a soft spot for the underrated MATM but both this and BOM were far superior choices to Outrageous :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

The feature was so random though... And it was repetitive as hell. Rather would have loved the hook up for summer and wasn't a fan of the single that never was outrageous.

In the zone, for a princess of pop, sounded quite experimental but polished. I think more polished than most of her other albums.

• Love 2

It was supposed to be the third and fourth single as well. A remix was even produced by Mr Collipark that may have been the single version at one point? 

do I think it would have worked? Probably especially with R&B and hip hop being so popular. But I think Touch Of My Hand was the lost single from In the Zone.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Isla said:

It was supposed to be the third and fourth single as well. A remix was even produced by Mr Collipark that may have been the single version at one point? 

do I think it would have worked? Probably especially with R&B and hip hop being so popular. But I think Touch Of My Hand was the lost single from In the Zone.

Just listened to that remix and I've got to say - it's a relict of its times. 2003/2004 soundscape in a nutshell. Very nostalgic (soundwise, soundwise), even tho I was like two when this kind of sound was popping.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Stefani said:

More like a flop; we dodged a bullet. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: Imagine this being the 2nd single over Toxic. :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

still believe it could've been the third single - it would've smashed at that time, especially after the success of Toxic. She needed one extra club banger before going into this introspective balladry with Everytime (which, btw., also could've been milked more if had they dropped Shadow as a follow up no problem thumbs up GIF) she could've got at least 2 extra top 20 hits in the US from ITZ...

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, biczzxangel said:

still believe it could've been the third single - it would've smashed at that time, especially after the success of Toxic. She needed one extra club banger before going into this introspective balladry with Everytime (which, btw., also could've been milked more if had they dropped Shadow as a follow up no problem thumbs up GIF) she could've got at least 2 extra top 20 hits in the US from ITZ...

oh yeah Shadow could've been so great

• Love 3
3 hours ago, biczzxangel said:

Just listened to that remix and I've got to say - it's a relict of its times. 2003/2004 soundscape in a nutshell. Very nostalgic (soundwise, soundwise), even tho I was like two when this kind of sound was popping.

I actually haven’t heard it nn. Just remember reading it was planned as a single mix at one point. 

• 3 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block