Freak (AI Cover) - Possible Blackout Outtake

Here's an AI mix I made. The actual AI vocals were provided by parthenopean boy. The song is an AI cover of Kelly Rowland - Freak which in turn is a cover of Jamie Foxx - Freak. Both artists are in the mix along with actual voice snippets from Britney.

I first discovered Kelly Rowland's cover back in 2013. I was always under the impression the song could've been a leftover from the early Britney Jean sessions. The song is produced by Danja, so I thought it was possible the track was a reject and reused for Kelly Rowland. When I requested this song from parthenopean boy I discovered Kelly Rowland actually covered the song. The song was originally released by Jamie Foxx in 2010. The listed producers are Danja, Rico Love, and Marcella Araica (AKA Miss Lago). It's my best guess that this song was originally intended for Blackout based off the producers alone. I'm unsure if Britney worked with Rico Love during Blackout but I do know she did during Circus, so this song could've also been from then as well.

Kelly Rowland's version contains a more updated production but Jamie Foxx's sounds distinctly like a Blackout production (the drums in the chorus date it particularly). I ultimately used Kelly's version for the instrumental. The AI vocals were a bit rough so I had to get creative during some parts of the song by including Jamie Foxx/Kelly Rowland's vocals, but IMO they just add to the very Blackout-esque aura of the song where Britney used heavy background singers throughout the whole production. The bridge is my least favorite part of the song, as the AI was unable to process most of the vocals. I just mixed Jamie's and Kelly's vocals with each other and kept in a few key words that the AI Britney was able to process. (but if we pretend this is a real song we all know Britney is not a fan of recording the bridge of a song lol)

What do you guys think? I'm particularly proud of it! Do you guys think the song was meant for Blackout/Circus? Let me know what you think!

Edited by studlygeorge
  • Love 3
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Here's an AI mix I made. The actual AI vocals were provided by parthenopean boy. The song is an AI cover of Kelly Rowland - Freak which in turn is a cover of Jamie Foxx - Freak. Both artists are in the mix along with actual voice snippets from Britney.

I first discovered Kelly Rowland's cover back in 2013. I was always under the impression the song could've been a leftover from the early Britney Jean sessions. The song is produced by Danja, so I thought it was possible the track was a reject and reused for Kelly Rowland. When I requested this song from parthenopean boy I discovered Kelly Rowland actually covered the song. The song was originally released by Jamie Foxx in 2010. The listed producers are Danja, Rico Love, and Marcella Araica (AKA Miss Lago). It's my best guess that this song was originally intended for Blackout based off the producers alone. I'm unsure if Britney worked with Rico Love during Blackout but I do know she did during Circus, so this song could've also been from then as well.

Kelly Rowland's version contains a more updated production but Jamie Foxx's sounds distinctly like a Blackout production (the drums in the chorus date it particularly). I ultimately used Kelly's version for the instrumental. The AI vocals were a bit rough so I had to get creative during some parts of the song by including Jamie Foxx/Kelly Rowland's vocals, but IMO they just add to the very Blackout-esque aura of the song where Britney used heavy background singers throughout the whole production. The bridge is my least favorite part of the song, as the AI was unable to process most of the vocals. I just mixed Jamie's and Kelly's vocals with each other and kept in a few key words that the AI Britney was able to process. (but if we pretend this is a real song we all know Britney is not a fan of recording the bridge of a song lol)

What do you guys think? I'm particularly proud of it! Do you guys think the song was meant for Blackout/Circus? Let me know what you think!

Well about what you said for Britney Jean, I think that album was originally meant to be essentially Original Doll, hence the "successor to Blackout" title. RCA didn't want that, so it turned out to be the Myah album...

• Love 1
8 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

:( but at least it’s a bop!!!

I appreciate the thought and time you put into everything, that’s the bop here tbh. 

do you make other things/music? I haven’t checked but was curious you sound like you’re interested in music production. 

Edited by thegrove
On 5/7/2023 at 3:37 AM, thegrove said:

I appreciate the thought and time you put into everything, that’s the bop here tbh. 

do you make other things/music? I haven’t checked but was curious you sound like you’re interested in music production. 

I’ve done some remixes/remasters! It’s a fun hobby

I did not make the AI though. That was done by someone else

On 5/7/2023 at 5:06 AM, BSfan4Ever said:

Why did she reject it, it was a mistake :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: (like almost all of her rejected music :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

If this song was indeed presented to her I hope she recorded it and it leaks some day!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block