Sam Smith seeks attention again

Yeah…..that’s a choice…:boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

I’m not gonna drag them on their weight, but idk, they started out 10 years ago being labeled at the time before they became non-binary as the male version of Adele and they’re like the complete opposite of that now. Like I loved a few songs from their first two albums, I’m not saying don’t change your sound up because I liked a couple songs off the current album so it has nothing to do with their sound, idk it’s just how they carry themselves now compared to when they first started out.

As someone said the shock value is getting kind of stale, like I’m not even shocked they did this. I’m not saying shock value is a bad thing to do, but if I had to compare it with Britney, her’s seemed more artistically done and she made it work into the performance. Also the charisma she had when she did it, almost like yeah she knew she was doing it for shock value, but at the same time it just felt like she was just putting on a good, artistically done performance. Like if I could explain it better, yeah the shock value was there, but Britney put in more than just the shock value, she put in a whole routine with full on dancing and stuff.

This is just not it for me. They’re just standing there singing in full on auto-tune in this outfit. No charisma, no spark whatsoever just standing there like they thought before they went out like “you know what? I’m just gonna put on this outfit and do absolutely nothing and the crowd will go wild and I’ll get attention!” It’s not like Britney where she danced with a python or she stripped off the tux into a flesh colored outfit at the VMAs. Like is this gonna get talked about? Maybe. Is it iconic? No. Is it going to go down in the history books as one of the greatest moments in pop culture? Again, no. 

As I said it’s just very stale, but I shouldn’t be ripping on just them for this because the person who originally sang the song they’re covering has fallen into that same kind of ok, you’re doing this now….great…..category and it’s just becoming annoying and just really boring.

Am I making any sense to anybody? I feel like I kind of rambled on, but I just wanted to explain my thoughts about this.

edit: I should add people doing these types of shock value stuff in performances just makes me miss Britney being on stage even more. I always looked forward to her performances on tv because I never knew what she was gonna do next. She was unpredictable. A lot of these artists both young and old that have either never had that spark just lost it in general and it’s been missing for a long time. Britney always brought that energy, that spark, that charisma, and that creativity to the stage with her in her performances.

Edited by Blackout SZN
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Blackout SZN said:

Yeah…..that’s a choice…:boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

I’m not gonna drag them on their weight, but idk, they started out 10 years ago being labeled at the time before they became non-binary as the male version of Adele and they’re like the complete opposite of that now. Like I loved a few songs from their first two albums, I’m not saying don’t change your sound up because I liked a couple songs off the current album so it has nothing to do with their sound, idk it’s just how they carry themselves now compared to when they first started out.

As someone said the shock value is getting kind of stale, like I’m not even shocked they did this. I’m not saying shock value is a bad thing to do, but if I had to compare it with Britney, her’s seemed more artistically done and she made it work into the performance. Also the charisma she had when she did it, almost like yeah she knew she was doing it for shock value, but at the same time it just felt like she was just putting on a good, artistically done performance. Like if I could explain it better, yeah the shock value was there, but Britney put in more than just the shock value, she put in a whole routine with full on dancing and stuff.

This is just not it for me. They’re just standing there singing in full on auto-tune in this outfit. No charisma, no spark whatsoever just standing there like they thought before they went out like “you know what? I’m just gonna put on this outfit and do absolutely nothing and the crowd will go wild and I’ll get attention!” It’s not like Britney where she danced with a python or she stripped off the tux into a flesh colored outfit at the VMAs. Like is this gonna get talked about? Maybe. Is it iconic? No. Is it going to go down in the history books as one of the greatest moments in pop culture? Again, no. 

As I said it’s just very stale, but I shouldn’t be ripping on just them for this because the person who originally sang the song they’re covering has fallen into that same kind of ok, you’re doing this now….great…..category and it’s just becoming annoying and just really boring.

Am I making any sense to anybody? I feel like I kind of rambled on, but I just wanted to explain my thoughts about this.

edit: I should add people doing these types of shock value stuff in performances just makes me miss Britney being on stage even more. I always looked forward to her performances on tv because I never knew what she was gonna do next. She was unpredictable. A lot of these artists both young and old that have either never had that spark just lost it in general and it’s been missing for a long time. Britney always brought that energy, that spark, that charisma, and that creativity to the stage with her in her performances.

Nicely said @Blackout SZN I miss Britney the performer myself, she was electrifying, creative and pushed boundaries with ease and not for attention...she got that for anything she did.  I'm happy I got to experience that in real time, great memories. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, canwesynchronize said:

Nicely said @Blackout SZN I miss Britney the performer myself, she was electrifying, creative and pushed boundaries with ease and not for attention...she got that for anything she did.  I'm happy I got to experience that in real time, great memories. 

Me too, I’m glad I got to live in the time period that I got to see Britney live on tv being straight up iconic doing her thing so effortlessly. I don’t think there will be another like her.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Neydelinska Spearsi said:

Guess what? He is fat and I would not  have a physical intercourse with him.

Disgusting-festering-mess GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

He should seek the gym next.

50 Cent GIFs | Tenor

Is Sam smith annoying? yes. But the rest is unnecessary 

This comment and this entire thread is terrible but this doesn’t surprise me because you hide behind a computer. Britney can post 500 pictures of herself topless but Sam cannot perform showing skin because they’re queer and not a body type that you find attractive?
Great, and you’re probably a mentally unhealthy and  taxing person to be around lol. @Jordan Miller as always, you’ve left this thread open for whatever reason. 

hilarious that Britney just posted about having her belly pinched and crying as a result, and we all die about it here while at the same time letting 45 year old men body shame others for absolutely no reason. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, PowerofNo said:

I thought he was non-binary hahaha and now everyone is still saying He on here. I mean I don’t care but it’s funny how much arguing there was about that not too long ago on social media. Now it’s like… 

I don't live in that world personally

So..it’s crazy. Right, Lizzo basically does the same thing but she’s obviously a woman. I feel that maybe, if Sam would go get toned a bit it wouldn’t be that big of a deal. There are plenty of **** big men out there. But sloppy big and toned big are two different things. Sloppy big doesn’t really come off as ****, but toned big can. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pinky98 said:

I say this with the utmost respect but dress for your damn size. How does this look good to anyone? Even on Britney or Dua this would look terrible. Tasteless. If a female singer did this y’all would call it tasteless. It’s no Britney outfit :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

People have commented saying these looks slay

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block