Spear's 2001 Effort, 'Britney' US sales have FINALLY been re-certified but at an underwhelming 4.7 million copies (Excluding Club Sales). Why didn't the album perform as well in the US?

Britney era was big like I was stan as a kid and I remember not a girl slave and Pepsi everywhere BUT oops was always bigger oops lucky and stronger were huge and that was peak britney mania. Even as a kid I knew the britney album wasn’t as big, and it was honestly the 1st era britney the person was bigger than the music. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I will not tolerate Britney slander. That is her best album and the best album ever recorded by anyone :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

My bad, I thought you were just talking about “Chillin W/ U” this entire time, not the “Britney” album. I thought your classmate made a copy of the song for everyone because he/she hated you all. Im sorry. :clown_meme__makeup_green:

• Haha 3
19 hours ago, Midnights said:

There were contractual issues with her and her tour promoter, Clear Channel that either owned or had major influence on a lot of radio stations.

Due these issues, Clear Channel made her get banned from radio with everything 'Britney' era related.

It's why none of the songs went #1 as radio was one of the biggest indicators to get #1 hits.

It's actually pretty amazing how amazing the album and singles did amidst the boycot.

I know that back in time they played in the radio:

Overprotected, I Love Rock'n'Roll, That's Where You Take Me, When I Found You ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block