BREAKING: Our statements have been added to the Congressional record and helped inspire a new bill called the “Guardianship Bill of Rights Act” to protect the rights of ALL conservatees in the United States of America!

Just now, easy said:

i appreciate the steps in the right direction but conservatorships need to be abolished completely. it doesn't matter how many rights you give conservatees and people under guardianships when the courts will violate them with no consequence. 

No human being should have their rights stripped away, exploited and abused by these conservatorships. At least we were heard. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, Style. In Moscow said:

No human being should have their rights stripped away, exploited and abused by these conservatorships. At least we were heard. 

100% agree. the travesty of all of this is for the most part conservatees/people in guardianships keep a lot of their basic rights. but it doesn't matter when the court is the one allowing the violations, like in britney's case and millions of others, to happen. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, easy said:

100% agree. the travesty of all of this is for the most part conservatees/people in guardianships keep a lot of their basic rights. but it doesn't matter when the court is the one allowing the violations, like in britney's case and millions of others, to happen. 

that's the thing, there should be some kind of third party entity that ensues the courts act according to the law and to the conservatee's best interest, and probably that's supposedly what the investigators do, so yeah, the whole thing just shouldn't exist. 

Whatever solution I think about, there's always a way to corrupt it: if there's someone else monitoring the judge's actions, they can still be bribed too; if we said conservatorships will only be granted if a professional determines it, it's the same, I mean, we already saw it with Britney; if we said that all conservatorships had to be temporary, like a year or so, and then they have to be renewed every year, it would still be the same. 

So in the end there will always be a way to exploit the system of guardianships, so the only solution would be if they stopped existing altogether, or if they weren't so extreme in the limitations they put in the conservatee and the way they allow for others to take over their money and properties. I think that if there is a person that has such disability that they require someone else to take care of them, then there should be some sort of program paid by the government that makes sure the person has all their basic needs covered, without the need to use the conservatee's assets to pay for lawyers and all the professionals required. 

• Love 2

We need to see the bigger picture and realize that conservatorships were created, in the first place, to benefit lawyers and courts: There's a whole working and economic environment ready to benefit from such a system in the long run, so it'll be rare if lawyers themselves abolish or replace it. The longer someone is in a conservatorship, the more lawyers get paid. That's why this never ends with Britney. Even Rosengart is benefiting from this. I know it's his job, but there should be time periods previously allotted to solve things, otherwise everything gets dragged endlessly. And when this is questioned, each part of the system blames another participant of the same system. They all benefit from each other, except the conservatee.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block