This 1999 TCA performance was incredible. The legendary Britney Spears

• Super Mods

Love this performance!
Its so underrated which is a shame cause its one of her best!

Btw did u know that Britney was the inspiration for the idea of the Teen Choice Awards?

I read somewhere that because of how popular she became, tv execs realized that there was a market for teens.

So we have Britney to thank for that

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Love this performance!
Its so underrated which is a shame cause its one of her best!

Btw did u know that Britney was the inspiration for the idea of the Teen Choice Awards?

I read somewhere that because of how popular she became, tv execs realized that there was a market for teens.

So we have Britney to thank for that

That sounds plausible, she was the very first artist on stage  :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

An ICON :bouncey:

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, canwesynchronize said:

Her vocals were shaky and the choreo was weak :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

I agree. This night solidified me as a Britney stan and I paid Christina dust after this. The difference in their performing styles was striking. Christina should have just focused on vocals, because Britney as a dancer was just unforgettable. No one could touch her.

And her live vocals in the beginning were so strong and on point. 🤌🏻

Edited by Emil87
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, dulcaewm said:

I have to mention that Jennifer Love Hewitt’s reaction to Britney’s performance at the end was the icing on the cake. Love her

They interviewed her after the show on ET and she said Britney was her highlight and she couldn’t believe she was that young. I’ll forever hate whoever cut to the guitarist during Britney’s chair choreography, tho. 

Edited by Kaitlyn Johnson
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

They interviewed her after the show on ET and she said Britney was her highlight and she couldn’t believe she was that young. I’ll forever hate whoever cut to the guitarist during Britney’s chair choreography, tho. 

:bouncey:

im pissed about the chair choreography cut, too! Ridiculous! :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

One of her top tv performances. Vocals and choreo were top notch. She performed it with passion.

And yes I was so mad they cut to the guitarist. She's doing awesome choreo with the chair, but no let's show the guy playing guitar instead

It was so iconic! Everything about this performance was perfect :bouncey:

• Love 2

Yesss!!! One of the greatest BOMT era performances, up there with the Billboard Awards & EMAs (I count them together since they were the same act) and the VMAs! Her vocals are so great on Sometimes, and have you ever seen a more perfectly timed wind effect as when she pulls off her jacket?!

Her dancers often did the opening choreography without her and she hopped in right before the vocals (like in the below Tonight Show performance, which is also excellent, with live vocals!), so it was great to see her do it all here!

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, filmandstage13 said:

Yesss!!! One of the greatest BOMT era performances, up there with the Billboard Awards & EMAs (I count them together since they were the same act) and the VMAs! Her vocals are so great on Sometimes, and have you ever seen a more perfectly timed wind effect as when she pulls off her jacket?!

Her dancers often did the opening choreography without her and she hopped in right before the vocals (like in the below Tonight Show performance, which is also excellent, with live vocals!), so it was great to see her do it all here!

The chair routine uninterrupted!! :bouncey:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block