Stand with Our Trans Brothers and Sisters 🏳️‍⚧️

GlitterRain
This post was recognized by GlitterRain!

"Thank you for sharing this!"

i sometimes sing live was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 10 points.

This post might get kinda long, but these things have been on my mind a lot lately (though it's a damn shame that what it took for me to wake the f-ck up was gay rights finally being on the chopping block too - y'know, something that is directly related to me). I just hope that more and more LGB people realize what is happening before they are directly being affected by it themselves.

Unfortunately, anti-trans rhetoric has been on the rise for a few years now, and some of the biggest political commentators on YouTube right now are conservative grifters (such as Ben Shapiro and Matt Walsh, just to name a few) who get to completely disregard the platform's Terms of Service because they make YouTube a lot of money all the while respectful, educational LGBT content creators continuously get the short end of the stick. We have, unfortunately, come so far that merely existing as an LGBT person apparently warrants "groomer" accusations despite the FACT that there is a seemingly endless number of predators in conservative circles and some conservatives actively fighting against the abolition of child marriage. It's scary how history keeps repeating itself, but here we are...

Don't be mistaken - this culture war we're currently in is just a facade to attract more red voters. They want you to be outraged about a small subset of the population, so that you overlook all the other atrocities committed by them:

• anti-******** and anti-birth control legislation
  • anti-gay legislation
  • corporatization of everything
  • defunding public schools
  • etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

And this is just the beginning. Don't get comfortable, conservative pick-me gays, because you will be next. If you think conservatives have your best interest at heart, you are mistaken. Throwing members of your own community under the bus for faux acceptance is pathetic. I must admit that pitting us against each other has been rather clever, but at the end of the day, we are all some degenerate f-words to these people. And the more the status quo has shifted towards anti-LGBT rhetoric, the more emboldened these people have gotten, putting on full display how they never truly accepted us - they were just waiting for an excuse to flip the script (with children and trans people being said excuse/scapegoat at the moment):

(in response to the Club Q shooting)

(FROM 2 YEARS AGO)

It's terrifying how many people have fallen and keep falling down the alt-right pipeline, and if you are willing to ignore all the atrocities committed by conservatives and conservative lawmakers just because you don't understand trans people at best or hate their guts at worst, I have no words for you. If I used to defend LGBT conservatives a few years back, there are no excuses to be made anymore. I'm not saying leftists are perfect - I wish we could have more civil discourse, but you have to understand that these people are hurting. People are actively being oppressed, so they are lashing out in fear of further oppression. In contrast, their oppressors (many of whom have large platforms by the way) are not.

Trans people have always been part of the fight for gay rights, so to effectively excommunicate them (how so many LGB folks have recently) is such a slap in the face. I beg you to stand with our trans brothers and sisters and not fall for the trap laid by conservatives - you are just a pawn. DO BETTER! 🏳️‍⚧️

Edited by i sometimes sing live
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I stopped being involved with social justice politics when the Human Rights Campaign allowed a trans person to tell me to "k1ll myself" because I was explaining that insurance requires "medical necessity" to be proven for them to pay for most surgeries on ANYONE. This was way back in 2012. People really need to learn respect to earn respect. Sorry not sorry. 

Edited by LanaDelGeyJordeezy

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block