Thoughts on Paris Hilton's iconic book "Paris: The Memoir" - New York Times Best Seller Book #Sliving

I’m on chapter 6, and I will say, so far, she has interesting moments, but she isn’t a decent writer. I know it’s written in her voice and she has ADHD but it’s all over the place and small fragments keep repeating. And because of this, it’s at times a super fast read and then other times I’m just waiting for something new and interesting to come up. I think I would’ve been better off buying the audio book. 

Although I do like Paris (obviously I bought her book), I think she didn’t really take accountability for her actions. She keeps repeating that she was a good Christian girl, but then talks about sneaking out, terrorizing her Nannies, getting into trouble with Nicole, dressing older and going clubbing when she’s like 13/14, disobeying her parents in every way…and then wants the reader to feel bad that her parents sent her to live with her grandma, then eventually boarding school.
Now I will say no matter what she did, she should never have been abused! Her dressing older wanting to feel segxy, didn’t give her teacher the right to ****** her, or for that older man to **** and r*** her, or all the abuse at the boarding school. I’m not victim shaming when I say she didn’t take accountability. I’m saying misbehaving and crossing set boundaries as a child will have negative consequences like being grounded, kicked out of school, ect.

As of chapter 6, it mainly speaks on Paris’ youth/teen years, not even boarding school yet. Paris’ life literally feels like a mashup of Gossip Girl and Euphoria. I think she is really brave to put it all out there! She deserved to be on the NYT Best Sellers list! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block