Which Britney Spears song do you think has the most unique sound? πŸŽΆπŸ€”

If I were to pick one song out of Britney’s entire catalogue it would have to be Unusual You. It’s just not a sound anyone could have predicted from her,Β which is probably partly why fans love it so much. I’m a forever stan of the classic Britney voice, but I love how she presents her vocals on Unusual You. It shows she’s got more breadth, stylistically, than people care to recognize. Both the lyrics and her vocals are more vulnerable than the typical Britney ballad (excluding Everytime, of course). Despite not writing the song, there’s a believable yearning in her voice throughout.

The vibe is also just so authentic. I can’t think of another song, Britney or otherwise, to compare it to.Β 

It’s such an injustice to the general public that this song was never released as a single. But I’ve also learned to appreciate the hidden gem that it’s become for us fans.

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Not an easy question.

However I am gonna go with gimme more.Β  It creates such a vibe, like a turning point. Even in those megamixes we have in youtube when GM steps in it's like a turning point, where **** becomes ***ier, light becomes dark, dancing to a choreo becomes dancing out of control, you have the it s Britney bitxh that gives confidence to anyone and her voice is an instrument, a siren. You know the beat is like making you go from a good person to someone naughty.

• Love 1

I think coupure Γ©lectrique is the most eclectic! …that I like. For example I respect tracks like How I Roll and If I’m Dancing for being experimental but I hate them lol.Β 
Β 

Inside Out isn’tΒ quiteΒ as eclectic but it’s one of my all time favorite productions on any of her tracks. I’d consider it unique because it would absolutely stand out on the radio for not blending in with all the other mainstream trendy stuff. It’s hip-hop, it’s electronic, it’s hard-hitting, it’s downtempo but at the same time it’s not. Billboard really did a fantastic job.Β 

• Love 1
On 3/24/2023 at 5:36 PM, Style. In Moscow said:

Soooo good, I love this song

It’s crazy how so much of Britney’s music seems almost foreign…like it’s not even from her. This song has never been performed, talked about, acknowledged, or anything. And there are literally hundreds of songs she’s recorded.Β 
Β 

i wonder what the percentage is of how many songs of everything she’s ever recorded has she performed at least once. Probably 5%!Β 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

It’s crazy how so much of Britney’s music seems almost foreign…like it’s not even from her. This song has never been performed, talked about, acknowledged, or anything. And there are literally hundreds of songs she’s recorded.Β 
Β 

i wonder what the percentage is of how many songs of everything she’s ever recorded has she performed at least once. Probably 5%!Β 

It happens with lots of artists, but β€œIntimidated” does sound different from Britney’s usual approach.Β 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block