Britney shares 2000 VMAs rehearsal footage: only boys on stage with me always!

1 minute ago, Style. In Moscow said:

She really had no one as competition. It’s so funny Beyoncé’s seen as this new Goddess of music, but back then next to Britney, she stood no chance! Can we talk about it more often? Yas Britney! You are the technical dancer every one loves, not some random booty shaker! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

:bouncey:

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

The thing is though that she did used to have female dancers as well back in those days - or have I completely misunderstood what she’s saying? 

A while ago she made a post saying that she used to work with predominately male dancers with a few females thrown in as well, but when the conservatorship was established it was a larger group of dancers and there were just as many girls on stage as her, which (I think to her) may distract the audience from her.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tetris said:

“doesn’t try”? TF is she talking about?

Her dedication and effort were palpable. Top notch performance quality even when just blocking light/sound cues. 

I think she means when she isn't in full wardrobe and makeup for the event. And in rehearsal, she is less nervous not performing for a bunch of celebrities. At least that's how I'm choosing to interpret it :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, easy said:

yes she's had female dancers all throughout her career. imo i think it was more about the fact that during the con she didn't have a choice over her dancers, vs back then when she did. the domination rehearsals gave the illusion that she was going mainly male dancers, which is something she's expressed she wanted. for me, it feels like there was some  animosity between britney and her female dancers. whether that was because she didn't get to choose them, or the way they were kept from each other so they were unable to form a friendship, i don't know. but i think if britney ever performs again the female dancers will be very limited or none at all. 

Makes perfect sense, thank you friend! 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, G-unit said:

A while ago she made a post saying that she used to work with predominately male dancers with a few females thrown in as well, but when the conservatorship was established it was a larger group of dancers and there were just as many girls on stage as her, which (I think to her) may distract the audience from her.

I may be remembering wrong, I’m just thinking back to the early days and I remember it being about 50/50? I do understand anyway what she’s saying and agree that male dancers compliment her better. 

3 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

It's throwback week sis and many of us are just exhausted with all the throwback Britney Instagram stuff is all.

Lol but it’s her IG? Like, what do y’all want her to post instead? Damn, tough crowd.

ETA: I think it’s great and introspective of her to post these old clips and give context to the way her career was run (when she was in control) vs. when she was in the conservatorship and had no control.

Edited by Gutterguppy1202
  • Love 6
  • Like 2
59 minutes ago, Style. In Moscow said:

She really had no one as competition. It’s so funny Beyoncé’s seen as this new Goddess of music, but back then next to Britney, she stood no chance! Can we talk about it more often? Yas Britney! You are the technical dancer every one loves, not some random booty shaker! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

I agree, Prime Britney was untouchable, but Beyonce has never been some “random booty shaker”. I’m not even a fan but she is a dynamic performer. No need to tear her down to make Britney look better. They both have iconic performances.

• Love 5
  • Like 2
Just now, Gutterguppy1202 said:

Lol but it’s her IG? Like, what do y’all want her to post instead? Damn, tough crowd.

Yes, it's her IG and she can post anything she wants I'm not suggesting she can't. I'm only saying the old stuff is exhausting is all. 

More up to date stuff would be better, but again it's her IG she has the right to post what she wants and I and others have the right to be exhausted by it. :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

• Love 3
Just now, DiamondCircus said:

Yes, it's her IG and she can post anything she wants I'm not suggesting she can't. I'm only saying the old stuff is exhausting is all. 

More up to date stuff would be better, but again it's her IG she has the right to post what she wants and I and others have the right to be exhausted by it. :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

but I don’t understand what exactly she’s posting that is so “exhausting”. What kind of up to date stuff are you looking for? Not trying to argue, but Britney really is damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t in this forum.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Eternalhouse said:

:umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

I wouldn't again jump to conclusions and again diagnose someone as 'insecure' or 'jealous' for just saying one short sentence about the fact there were only boys on the stage. Cuz it just sounds like just an joyous exaggeration.

And when did she 'always' talk about hating women back up dancers?

:ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

Where have you been? She’s posted several insta posts and rants saying her family hired pretty fit and attractive female back up dancers in Vegas and that she hated it as it made her feel less worthy as they were obviously in better shape. She then shaded xtina back up dances saying basically that xtina looked thinner because her back up dancer were bigger. She’s deleted several. Or do you have memory loss… 

Edited by Blackout Britney
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block