Throwback: Avril Lavigne Admiring Toxic and Everytime

I see someone who's trying to play it coy when it comes to liking Britney lol.

The 'whatever I don't care' attitude answering 'yeah', the subtle singing of toxic,

and then acting as if she didn't know the title of the name when she knows it's the third single and literally sings 'everytime I'

Girl, just spit it out lol :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

But yeah I remember more of Avril liking Britney instead of hating her. I think it was a media thing.

• Haha 2
On 3/21/2023 at 7:54 PM, DiamondCircus said:

How is she fake? Just because she questioned what the world questioned which is how is B a virgin when she's doing the videos and dressing how she dressed.

Clearly Britney lied and it's no one's business, but she did lie.

nop .. because she acted she hated how Britney dressed and behaved and only secretly envied her

and obviously all this 'anti Britney' agenda was just a STRATEGY on her side how to gain money nothing else. Copying Britney didn't work (e.g. Jessica Simpson) so they tried sth new

then she started hanging out with Paris and similar people xD which only proves my point

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

nop .. because she acted she hated how Britney dressed and behaved and only secretly envied her

and obviously all this 'anti Britney' agenda was just a STRATEGY on her side how to gain money nothing else. Copying Britney didn't work (e.g. Jessica Simpson) so they tried sth new

then she started hanging out with Paris and similar people xD which only proves my point

Hate is a strong word and Avril never said she hated Britney and only questioned Britney's innocence. Xtina did the same when she dragged both Britney and Beyonce in her Blender Magazine article. 

There was never an inkling of Avril being anything other than who she is as an artist so there was no reason to try to market her like Britney.

Being friends with Paris has nothing to do with anything either. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, DiamondCircus said:

What's with this 'hated' Britney campaign Lol Avril never hated Britney.

The one that inflicted the most shade was X Tina. 

I dunno if it was her personally, or her label’s influence or even the GP who were jumping on the Britney hate bandwagon at the time. But she was definitely marketed as the “anti Britney”.

There were several times where she just wasn’t very nice, and there’s video evidence of it.

Britney quickly clocked her in her Rolling Stone interview, where she mentioned that her 3rd album sold as much as Avril’s first. Things kind of changed after that, who knows, maybe they met in person and Avril realized Britney was genuinely a nice person.

Not long after, when Avril was asked to choose Britney or Christina, she didn’t hesitate to choose Britney. And I mean, she was like 18 when she took shots at Britney for whatever reason. Most people said stupid s*%# at that age. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

I dunno if it was her personally, or her label’s influence or even the GP who were jumping on the Britney hate bandwagon at the time. But she was definitely marketed as the “anti Britney”.

There were several times where she just wasn’t very nice, and there’s video evidence of it.

Britney quickly clocked her in her Rolling Stone interview, where she mentioned that her 3rd album sold as much as Avril’s first. Things kind of changed after that, who knows, maybe they met in person and Avril realized Britney was genuinely a nice person.

Not long after, when Avril was asked to choose Britney or Christina, she didn’t hesitate to choose Britney. And I mean, she was like 18 when she took shots at Britney for whatever reason. Most people said stupid s*%# at that age. 

I mean the only thing Avril questioned was her innocence that was no different than what X Tina did to her and Bey and the GP did the same thing.

I don't recall Avril being as nasty to Britney as many others. 

Britney also never 'clocked' Avril, that response to Rollingstone was in regard to people saying her 3rd album didn't do that well and she was referencing Avril cause the GP and media were praising her sales as a success and saying Britney's 3rd album flopped. That wasn't a personal attack on Avril.

Edited by DiamondCircus
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

I mean the only thing Avril questioned was her innocence that was no different than what X Tina did to her and Bey and the GP did the same thing.

I mean, this was just pretty rude. First, she tries to deny what she said in her interview, then she cracks up, implying she very well meant what she said.

Again, she was very young at the time, probably insecure and trying to secure her spot as the “Anti-Britney”, which was very “in” at the time.

Clearly, she has matured and has since said nothing but positive things about Britney.spacer.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

I mean, this was just pretty rude. First, she tries to deny what she said in her interview, then she cracks up, implying she very well meant what she said.

Again, she was very young at the time, probably insecure and trying to secure her spot as the “Anti-Britney”, which was very “in” at the time.

Clearly, she has matured and has since said nothing but positive things about Britney.spacer.png

That's my point this is the only reference of the situation and again she was just questioning the same thing Xtina quested Britney and Bey about same as the GP.

Everyone at the time was questioning Britney's **** videos and her outfits because they didn't fit the good girl image her label was putting out there. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

Britney also never 'clocked' Avril, that response to Rollingstone was in regard to people saying her 3rd album didn't do that well and she was referencing Avril cause the GP and media were praising her sales as a success and saying Britney's 3rd album flopped. That wasn't a personal attack on Avril.

idk but this sounds to me she was explicitly asked about avril

"Avril doesn't really dance, but whatever. It's weird. My third album sold as much as her first one, which is very funny to me because everyone thought it didn't do that great."

On 3/22/2023 at 9:16 PM, Emil87 said:

My eyes, my eyes!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block