Why do Britney Stans hate Taylor Swift so much?

My love for Britney has nothing to do with my uniterest with an overrated bland lil girl :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:.

Anyway I really don't hate Taylor, I just don't get the hype and believe me I've given her music a chance many of times. I do like 1989 and the lover album. But the rest for me just doesn't keep me captivated. Just my opinion, again don't get the thread because what I got going on to Taylor has nothing to do with Britney. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, DollyParton said:

Cause bitter Britney fans are jealous of Taylor's succes. It's the same hate they have towards Gaga and Beyonce. 

Speak for yourself. I like Taylor’s songs, I just don’t like her as a person. I don’t like how she has to play the victim all the time, it gets old after awhile. Not everyone is out to get you. But yeah, I like her songs, she’s a great song writer.

As for Beyonce, it’s the same thing. I like some of Beyonce’s songs, but as a person she just comes across as out of touch with her audience by trying to relate to them. Like in Break My Soul, she was singing about quitting her 9-5 job. She’s never had to quit a job in her life, so she can’t relate to the common folk that way. She’s a millionaire who can close an entire hospital floor just so she can give birth to a baby because she can. There’s other ways she can relate to her audience better than that. Plus the 50 billion song writers on a single song is a lot and I heard she takes a writing credit if she changes ONE word on a song which I think is wrong. Anyway I know Beyonce works hard with her career, but let’s not ignore facts.

And as for GaGa, I’ve always loved her, but she’s also a hypocrite and a trend chaser. An example that she’s a hypocrite was the whole Do What U Want drama. She claims that she’s a victim of ***ual violence, but she goes and does performances and a video perpetuating that very topic with an accused and proven s** offender. She even shot a video for that song with another accused s** offender. Everyone knew that both men were problematic since forever, yet she still worked with them and I find it hard to believe her label forced her to do all that **** with them, especially the stuff she did on stage with R.Kelly. She only did something about it because she didn’t want to be cancelled too for working with R.Kelly when more stuff started coming out and he was on trial.

As far as her being a trend chaser, she used the LGBTQ+ community to gain success in her career by going all out with her fashion and then claiming she was bi***ual, only till years later after she decided she didn’t want to be that kind of performer anymore did she say she wasn’t bi***ual, she’s straight. Also, she seems to speak up about things when it’s the in thing like Free Britney. She could’ve spoken up way before then and she could’ve even said stuff after Britney’s testimony, but once Britney was free was when she decided to open her mouth, and it was during a time she had to promote a movie she was in. Also, I can’t tell you how annoying that “If 100 people are in a room and 99 people don’t believe in you, but that 1 person does” bs was, like there’s a whole compilation on YouTube with every time she said it, like we get it! Bradley Cooper gave you a big break with A Star Is Born! Congratulations! You don’t need to keep reminding us

Idk, that’s how GaGa comes across to me as of late, but I still really love her music and get excited when she releases something because she makes great bops.

My love for Britney has nothing to do with why I don’t like them as people and no I’m not jealous of their successes. I can separate the artist from the person, so I enjoy their songs a lot.

Edited by Blackout SZN
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Blackout SZN said:

Speak for yourself. I like Taylor’s songs, I just don’t like her as a person. I don’t like how she has to play the victim all the time, it gets old after awhile. Not everyone is out to get you. But yeah, I like her songs, she’s a great song writer.

As for Beyonce, it’s the same thing. I like some of Beyonce’s songs, but as a person she just comes across as out of touch with her audience by trying to relate to them. Like in Break My Soul, she was singing about quitting her 9-5 job. She’s never had to quit a job in her life, so she can’t relate to the common folk that way. She’s a millionaire who can close an entire hospital floor just so she can give birth to a baby because she can. There’s other ways she can relate to her audience better than that. Plus the 50 billion song writers on a single song is a lot and I heard she takes a writing credit if she changes ONE word on a song which I think is wrong. Anyway I know Beyonce works hard with her career, but let’s not ignore facts.

And as for GaGa, I’ve always loved her, but she’s also a hypocrite and a trend chaser. An example that she’s a hypocrite was the whole Do What U Want drama. She claims that she’s a victim of ***ual violence, but she goes and does performances and a video perpetuating that very topic with an accused and proven s** offender. She even shot a video for that song with another accused s** offender. Everyone knew that both men were problematic since forever, yet she still worked with them and I find it hard to believe her label forced her to do all that **** with them, especially the stuff she did on stage with R.Kelly. She only did something about it because she didn’t want to be cancelled too for working with R.Kelly when more stuff started coming out and he was on trial.

As far as her being a trend chaser, she used the LGBTQ+ community to gain success in her career by going all out with her fashion and then claiming she was bi***ual, only till years later after she decided she didn’t want to be that kind of performer anymore did she say she wasn’t bi***ual, she’s straight. Also, she seems to speak up about things when it’s the in thing like Free Britney. She could’ve spoken up way before then and she could’ve even said stuff after Britney’s testimony, but once Britney was free was when she decided to open her mouth, and it was during a time she had to promote a movie she was in. Also, I can’t tell you how annoying that “If 100 people are in a room and 99 people don’t believe in you, but that 1 person does” bs was, like there’s a whole compilation on YouTube with every time she said it, like we get it! Bradley Cooper gave you a big break with A Star Is Born! Congratulations! You don’t need to keep reminding us

Idk, that’s how GaGa comes across to me as of late, but I still really love her music and get excited when she releases something because she makes great bops.

My love for Britney has nothing to do with why I don’t like them as people and no I’m not jealous of their successes. I can separate the artist from the person, so I enjoy their songs a lot.

I'm not talking about ALL Britney fans, so I'm sure you're not one of them.

For Britney fans it can be a bit painful to see peer artists who had what Britney wasn't allowed to have... the privilege of not being human trafficked, more consistent creative control, better management, not be abused to the point of losing most or all interest in performing. From 'Glory' we know that what Britney is capable of is still excellent, but her life circumstances were particularly gruesome. We don't know if Britney will ever release another album again, whereas we know artists like Taylor and Beyoncé will release more albums that the fans will be happy with. It's sad how it played out. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, BlinkVenom said:

The hypocrisy in some of the comments. You know damn well y’all would buy Britney’s albums with multiple covers. 

Anyway. I actually appreciate Taylor’s music. Nothing against her. I just wouldn’t go see her live again. 

I wouldn't see Taylor live again either. On one level I'd like too, but her audiences, IMO, are awful. I've been to many concerts with passionate fanbases... Bruce Springsteen, Britney, Gaga, etc. Taylor's show was the only one where I struggled to hear her because her fans were excessively loud. Even on clips I've heard of her live albums they're too loud. That fanbase lacks self-awareness. Do her fans want to hear Taylor play or are they paying to sing at the top of their lungs for 2-3 hours in the same room as Taylor? 

Edited by IsraeliMatt
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, IsraeliMatt said:

I wouldn't see Taylor live again either. On one level I'd like too, but her audiences, IMO, are awful. I've been to many concerts with passionate fanbases... Bruce Springsteen, Britney, Gaga, etc. Taylor's show was the only one where I struggled to hear her because her fans were excessively loud. Even on clips I've heard of her live albums they're too loud. That fanbase lacks self-awareness. Do her fans want to hear Taylor play or are they paying to sing at the top of their lungs for 2-3 hours in the same room as Taylor? 

Yes exactly that. Also, i went to the Reputation tour and it was just not that great. I appreciate her singing live and all. But damn there wasn’t a highlight for me. Just Selena Gomez coming out on stage. Thats it. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Blackout SZN said:

Also, I can’t tell you how annoying that “If 100 people are in a room and 99 people don’t believe in you, but that 1 person does” bs was, like there’s a whole compilation on YouTube with every time she said it, like we get it! Bradley Cooper gave you a big break with A Star Is Born! Congratulations! You don’t need to keep reminding us

That was her job though. She found a good way of communicating the backstory of the casting, and I think it's preferable to repeat the sentence in various interviews than to possibly say things that don't describe it as well. I thought the YouTube video was funny, but answering questions about the movie was part of her job. Interviews tend to get repetitive. Artists get asked a lot of similar or identical questions.

15 hours ago, KrisJ said:

There’s no hate - it’s just there have been recent articles and comparisons made by Taylor fans saying she’s better than Britney and that’s not true. She’s just a bland and boring performer who is popular because of her dating life drama and because she’s pretty :enigma_alien_blue:

Taylor Swift a "bland performer" while Britney has sung live without prerecorded tracks one time since like 2003. Doesn't seem like an honest comparison. 

• Love 2

Taylor is a rich girl-next-door playing / mimicking a popstar with barely no X factor and a lack of editing skills in her songwriting.

I do like her drive and hard-working ethic, but she overshadows that with her greed and over-the-top business tactics.

And finally, she tires me with her victim discourse. Her, a rich white woman in America. She's a woman in this world so she's definitely being abused by the culture and the system but she's still incredibly privileged so hearing her constantly complaining is mind-blowing to me.

Also, she never does the dirty work herself: she just writes nice smart messages on a piece of paper, and then incites her troupe of fans to do the hard work for her. And they always do.

I think that's pretty much it... :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

...oh and I hate her sense of humor, she's such a nerd ok enough I'm done bye.

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, MasterMindz said:

The delusion in some comments :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Britney is a legend in her own way. Taylor is a legend in her own way. Deal with it. :badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

The fact that Taylor has been peaking since 2009 says something about her untouchable status as the world's biggest artist. 

Legendarily mediocre

6e711584f8204eb8e9b320aa63190c3d.gif

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, EmmaJG said:

How is she mediocre when she’s selling out stadiums and breaking every record?

Because people have terrible taste these days. Mediocrity does very well. I’m not saying her music is terrible, but it really does not deserve the hype that it gets. She is overrated. Talented, but overrated. A lot of people think they can relate to her because she’s awkward and not over ***ualized like other pop stars, so she comes across as being extra relatable, but there’s no authenticity there. 

• Like 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block