Why do Britney Stans hate Taylor Swift so much?

I don't hate her but always felt she is very overrated. Her music sounds like music you'd hear at Kohl's. She does have a few bops but I don't find a lot of her music catchy. I find her songwriting hard to relate to; I can't relate to being an angsty teen angry about a boyfriend being mean or whatever lol. My favorite album is probably Reputation because that album has actual exciting production compared to her other albums. She's sugar without the spice, unlike Britney.

Edited by MarcuzXD
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, dulcaewm said:

Because people have terrible taste these days. Mediocrity does very well. I’m not saying her music is terrible, but it really does not deserve the hype that it gets. She is overrated. Talented, but overrated. A lot of people think they can relate to her because she’s awkward and not over ***ualized like other pop stars, so she comes across as being extra relatable, but there’s no authenticity there. 

You sound like my grandpa complaining about Britney’s music when i was a kid. PeOplE dOnT hAvE gOoD tAsTe In MuSiC aNyMoRe. Mocking Spongebob Squarepants GIF

• Haha 1

Why are Swifties so aggressive?? Why do YOU care if some people here don't like her?? Why are people who don't like Britney AT ALL on Exhale??

It's like me going to a forum full of Gaga fans and ask them why some of them don't like Britney. Get a grip.  

But if you want an answer, fine. She's bland. Can't dance, has no stage presence (but seems like many popular artists nowadays don't have it), her songwriting is fine but nothing spectacular. She's just very boring for me and that's completely fine. I just don't get the hype for someone who is so boring. 

• Like 2

I like Taylor. Some people enjoy battling over sales / awards thinking that makes “their” fave artist better but I think at this point many of us Britney fans should be more mature than that. Taylor is a huge star and an excellent songwriter. Her talents are very evident. Wish we could stop putting all these female artists against each other and instead lift them up. I don’t see this happening with the male artists like JT/Bruno/Ed Sheeran/Weeknd. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, dulcaewm said:

Because people have terrible taste these days. Mediocrity does very well. I’m not saying her music is terrible, but it really does not deserve the hype that it gets. She is overrated. Talented, but overrated. A lot of people think they can relate to her because she’s awkward and not over ***ualized like other pop stars, so she comes across as being extra relatable, but there’s no authenticity there. 

Stay Pressed :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

• Love 1
On 3/20/2023 at 5:46 AM, Emil87 said:

I never liked her music or what I’ve seen of her personality. Always the perpetual victim and cries when she gets called out by anyone for anything let slanders all her ex boyfriends in her songs. But I don’t hate her. 

Exactly. Almost like a covert narcissist to me... almost. To add, talent's mediocratic. But I love her music.

8 hours ago, dulcaewm said:

This! Shes a relatable basic white girl who literally has had the same aesthetic her whole career. She uses that to her advantage but it’s stale and boring imo. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

I like Taylor. Some people enjoy battling over sales / awards thinking that makes “their” fave artist better but I think at this point many of us Britney fans should be more mature than that. Taylor is a huge star and an excellent songwriter. Her talents are very evident. Wish we could stop putting all these female artists against each other and instead lift them up. I don’t see this happening with the male artists like JT/Bruno/Ed Sheeran/Weeknd. 

Amen 

• Super Mods

We don't though? 90% of Britney fans are absolutely indifferent towards Taylor. She's a good songwriter in my opinion, and I do like her songs. But other than that, I don't really care about her artistry. Happy for all her success though, shes a hard worker. 

I love Britney to deat but..... jelousy. She gives her fans what Britney fans wish they would get, she is over a decade into her career and still passionate,  she is in control of everything, she sings live, she writes her own music, she plays instruments she loves and engages with her fans and isnt scared of them,  she listens to her fans and creates setlists with fan favorites and leaving out songs she loves but she knows the fans dont like (ME!). They are also jelous that even this far into her career she keeps inproving instead of declining whilte Britney peaked 4 years into her career. 

+ she goes on stage looking like this

normal_151.jpgnormal_002.jpgnormal_007.jpgnormal_023.jpgnormal_073.jpgnormal_154.jpg

not this

britney-spears-performing-live-on-her-wobritney-spears-performs-on-her-piece-of-5229496.jpg?v=0&st=ozb1sXKIjItNK6iekXhII

I think most Britney fans that hate Taylor cant handle the fact that Britney isnt nr. 1 anymore.  In their minds Briney is still this.

britney-spears-2001-vmas-billboard-embed

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I love Britney to deat but..... jelousy. She gives her fans what Britney fans wish they would get, she is over a decade into her career and still passionate,  she is in control of everything, she sings live, she writes her own music, she plays instruments she loves and engages with her fans and isnt scared of them,  she listens to her fans and creates setlists with fan favorites and leaving out songs she loves but she knows the fans dont like (ME!). They are also jelous that even this far into her career she keeps inproving instead of declining whilte Britney peaked 4 years into her career. 

+ she goes on stage looking like this

normal_151.jpgnormal_002.jpgnormal_007.jpgnormal_023.jpgnormal_073.jpgnormal_154.jpg

not this

britney-spears-performing-live-on-her-wobritney-spears-performs-on-her-piece-of-5229496.jpg?v=0&st=ozb1sXKIjItNK6iekXhII

I think most Britney fans that hate Taylor cant handle the fact that Britney isnt nr. 1 anymore.  In their minds Briney is still this.

britney-spears-2001-vmas-billboard-embed

You have literally taken the words out of my mouth haha! I love Britney I love Taylor. Taylor is untouchable, amazing songwriter director and performer. She cares. That’s not to say that Britney isn’t but she doesn’t care atm and maybe not overly ever and I think Britney fans are mostly jealous to say she’s not talented is a bit too far she’s imo one of the best songwriters of this generation. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, SJK said:

This! Shes a relatable basic white girl who literally has had the same aesthetic her whole career. 

are you serious? She has had more aesthetics than Britney.. I mean just looke at the difference between Reputation and Lover eras.

normal_017.jpgnormal_027.jpgnormal_001.jpg05e09054aaad65a5e8331e877ce027ed.jpgb859fccbc6fe171185b5a5db9b03134d.jpgtaylor-swift-performance-2000.jpgD_Z40nFUYAE6SQ9.jpgD_Z40nGUIAAeYza.jpg

vs

046.jpgnormal_034.jpgnormal_001.jpgnormal_017.jpgnormal_012.jpg492844eb-4862-4803-8fbc-a6e777690a93-TayTaylor-Swift-Reputation-Stadium-Tour-Pictaylor-swift.jpg

Folklore & Evermore are also completly different style wise and so is Midnights. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Don't hate her. Some of her songs are really good (Out of the Woods, Cardigan and Exile are all amazing). However, I just don't understand the level of her success. She has a good voice. She can play instruments. She is a decent songwriter, even though most of her songs are a bit meh. She is pretty. But she isn't on the level of other artists with the same level of success. There is nothing WOW about her.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block