Better discography: Beyoncé or Britney Spears?

Better discography?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/17/2023 at 4:56 PM, justin4britney said:

Britney’s discography supersedes in a sense that even elderly people know a song or two from her. 

Doesn’t mean it’s better per se. I enjoy Britneys discography better, but that doesn’t mean it IS better. I’m probably biased as a fan.

I love Beyoncé’s music as well, the poppy songs, but sometimes it’s too R&B or whatever and I’m not into that

I’m getting a bit bored by the constant “war” created by certain types of fan between artists.

I like Beyoncé. She’s got a lot of bops, but these petty comparison posts are just so tired.

Isn’t it even slightly soul destroying to keep dragging this topic up? You’re not going to make people idolise Beyoncé, in the same way the shifty swifties aren’t going to make Taylor Queen here.

Why bother?

:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 3/17/2023 at 2:32 PM, Matheus Carmignani Salvador said:

Britney's 4 first albums put her in such an advantage here but for the second half of their careers I can't be too sure there are strong arguments for both sides and there's Britney Jean :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Hide contents

love both cant decide bye :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

Britney jean is an album by Myah Marie, not Britney :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Well britney is a hitmaker for me.. beyonce is more prestigious kind of star cause was placed on market like that..

of course answer is britney cause we all choose britney we are on her forum lol

I like some Beyonce singles (crazy, baby boy but remix, drunk in love by weekend, sweet dreams) 

about albums - I only like sasha fierce. Its a decent album with a good songs. 
Bonuses are my favorites btw: “hello” and “scared and lonely “)

Someday i will get back to listen her newer albums but for now every time I start listening to them they seems to be boring and soulless.. last thing I listen from her was “cuff it” it seemed disaster for me. 

I’d say Beyoncé is definitely a bigger superstar with the GP, she’s just immensely huge but I think Britney’s music and hits are more iconic within pop culture and will have more of lasting legacy. Britney is part of the fabric of culture, while Beyoncé is as well, but her music isn’t present in the same way. I dunno, I love Both, and they’re such different artists. 

Beyonce. 

I know in a Britney forum everyone will disagree. I saw one comment about Beyonce chasing trends whereas Britney's music as more "soul". I don't know how one could conclude that, honestly. Her first 3 albums were made without much creative input from Britney. In The Zone had some soul. Blackout was incredible. Circus, Femme Fatale had huge hits but zero soul. Britney Jean was Britney Jean. Glory was great. 

Meanwhile Beyonce changed the game with self-titled, literally changed the release day for music, shifted us away from EDM. Lemonade had soul, was her first album (in my opinion) that was incredible from start to finish. Renaissance is on a level Britney isn't up to reaching. Britney has only had big hits when she works with the hot producers of the moment. Blackout she had Danja, who felt relatively unknown, but was as trendy in 2007 as you can get. Most of her other huge hits were Max Martin or Dr Luke hits. And, just like Katy Perry, Britney's music career and chart success stalled out when Dr Luke was no longer acceptable to work with. She's extremely producer-reliant. Britney has certainly innovated, I'm not arguing that she hasn't, but she hasn't in a very long time. Beyonce continues to. Beyonce's albums have been hugely successful every time no matter who she works with. There are very few other artists that reach new heights of commercial and critical success later in their careers. Even the the top artists of all time haven't had consistent success with new music for as long as Beyonce as maintained her level at the top. Not Michael, Janet, Elton. Madonna's are few and far between, and Beyonce is getting up to that level when it comes to sustained commercial success. 

Beyonce is on another level. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block