Why do fans hate on Radar?

I know the fans hate on it because it was released as a single during the Circus era because of the Bloodshy & Avant deal, but I think it's still a great song

I'm glad that it was released as a single and i don't think Circus had stronger single material apart from Blur and Lace and Leather... Radar was better imo 

• Love 3
  • Haha 6
6 minutes ago, Cyberia said:

I know the fans hate on it because it was released as a single during the Circus era because of the Bloodshy & Avant deal, but I think it's still a great song

I'm glad that it was released as a single and i don't think Circus had stronger single material apart from Blur and Lace and Leather... Radar was better imo 

Actually yeah, Radar is better than whole Shhhhtcus :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

To make matters worse, the music video is also a big stain on her videography. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

How you ever dare? :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

This video worked well and for 2009 is it good choice. This is one of "better" things what happened during her cship. I love you, but some of your opinions gives me heavy head :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Edited by Flavor Of Love
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, Flavor Of Love said:

They pitched up her vocals too much :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I had her real voice version :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Literally such a messy song. It had potential and was cute for its time but the execution was a tragedy. It’s interesting how only gay men praise Blackout whereas the other albums Britney released during her prime had more widespread appeal. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

Because she sounds soulless and the vocals are too overprocessed. It was the true beginning of Robotney. To make matters worse, the music video is also a big stain on her videography. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

It's just part of the Bloodshy & Avant style production

in regards to their vocal processing, it isn't unique to this particular song. They do it on "Piece Of Me" , "How I Roll" , Kylie Minogue's "Speakerphone" and Sky Ferreira's "one" in addition to countless others.

there's something about the beat mixed with her monotone soulless vocal delivery that really makes this pop off

I think the processed vocals fit well with the ultra plastic electronic sound of the song

Edited by Cyberia
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Joshyworld said:

Literally such a messy song. It had potential and was cute for its time but the execution was a tragedy. It’s interesting how only gay men praise Blackout whereas the other albums Britney released during her prime had more widespread appeal. 

For me is Blackout just an OK album. It's overproduced af, unreleased songs are better than final selection :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Haha 1
Just now, Cyberia said:

It's just part of the Bloodshy & Avant style production

in regards to their vocal processing, it isn't unique to this particular song. They do it on  "How I Roll" , Kylie Minogue's Speakerphone and Sky Ferreira's "one" in addition to countless others

there's something about the beat mixed with her monotone soulless vocal delivery that really makes this pop off

I think the processed vocals fit well with the ultra plastic electronic sound of the song

There is nothing wrong with that art form if executed properly. B&A made literal magic with Britney on songs like Toxic, Showdown, My Prerogative, Piece Of Me and others. Radar simply falls short and does not stand the test of time like the rest. It was the first time Bloodshy & Avant failed her. Then again, Britney didn’t even bother recording background vocals for Blackout so that explains why so many of the tracks sound all over the place. Such a messy album.💀

4 minutes ago, Joshyworld said:

It just sounds very 2007 but i wouldn't call it messy 

A good example of messy production is Britney Jean which sounds cheap and corny, the production is all over the place on that album and sounded dated on arrival

Radar sounds lush like every other Bloodshy & Avant production imo

I think the issue with Radar was how poorly promoted it was, she should have done more promo like TV performances or a remix or something 

Just now, Cyberia said:

It just sounds very 2007 but i wouldn't call it messy 

A good example of messy production is Britney Jean which sounds cheap and corny, the production is all over the place on that album and sounded dated on arrival

Radar sounds lush like every other Bloodshy & Avant production imo

I think the issue with Radar was how poorly promoted it was, she should have done more promo like TV performances or a remix or something 

Radar’s issue isn’t necessarily production, it was mostly vocal delivery. Again — pitchy, soulless and over-processed vocals that just didn’t work for the song. Many gays like it but from a critical standpoint, it’s below subpar. Even the demo version of Radar sounded more promising and had more substance to it. To top it off, the music video was an absolute trainwreck and sponsored by Kohl’s. All in all, it’s bad and probably her worst single of the 2000s next to 3 — another soulless song pushed by Team Con’s agenda to make a quick buck. At least 3 sounded more polished unlike Radar however. 

• Love 1

I love Radar. It was an immediate standout track (if not my initial fave) on Blackout. I think it’s one of her stronger overall songs and was a major missed opportunity in how it was released. Had Britney been in a better place professionally when Blackout was being “promoted”, I think the song had the potential to be a career standout (along the lines of You Drive Me Crazy or Stronger)… 

I love her vocal and the production. B&A really delivered on the theme (both lyrically and sonically - with the radar sound infused throughout). The song easily could have sounded super cheesy. I think it holds up well to this day. 

Edited by Dorian Gray
  • Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block