Sam Smith seeks attention again

12 minutes ago, Mantequilla said:

This reminds me of people criticizing Britney for wearing "revealing" clothes. He's not telling teenagers anything. Calm down. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

It’s the influence these people have that comes across and gets their young audiences to emulate them. Britney wearing revealing clothes was armless, girls showing off their bellybuttons had no consequence at all on their health.

However celebrating big bodies is an unhealthy message, and the sort of message people who live with certain conditions want to hear in order to continue with their lifestyle.

23 minutes ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

It’s the influence these people have that comes across and gets their young audiences to emulate them. Britney wearing revealing clothes was armless, girls showing off their bellybuttons had no consequence at all on their health.

However celebrating big bodies is an unhealthy message, and the sort of message people who live with certain conditions want to hear in order to continue with their lifestyle.

The argument is relevant to the time; if you don't like it, you dont have to engage with it. As Britney once said, she's not there to babysit, that's on the parents.

I never i would be defending them, because I find them insufferable, but look at their arms; theres muscle definition in their arms. Look at the size of their waist when it's pulled in an open corset; it's quite small.

Just because they're not avengers level ripped, because they're dehydrated and eating nothing of value, doesn't mean they're unhealthy. 

This is a conversation that's been happening for 10 years, longer. If you have an issue with raised levels of obesity, take it out on governments raising the cost of living. Not a popstar who once suffered from body image issues who is finally comfortable in their skin. Sam Smith wearing a corset isn't the cause of obesity worldwide, its such a paperthin argument. 

Edited by ICouldntThinkOfOne

I'm not a fan of the body shaming, but some valid points have been raised about "celebrating" unhealthy weights.

When Sam came on the music scene, there was fun made of their weight even though they were just pretty regular looking, and that clearly took its toll, as Sam lost a lot of weight and looked really unwell for a while.. They then came back looking fuller again which I was liking for them, but this yo-yoing is unhealthy in itself, for both mental and physical health. Now we are seeing a massive FU to the haters, regardless of the cost to their health.

I just hope that peace can be found somewhere in Sam's head, because that's where the real problem is.

Edited by AnthonyJeweller
  • Like 1

Ew at some of you. If it was a thin person, y'all would be like "yass queen motheringggg", but since Sam has that kind of body, you say they're doing it for attention and that they're disgusting. It's so fatphobic it would be funny if it wasn't one of the main problems in today's society. It's always the same, when a person is a bit overweight everybody's concerned for their health, but when you see a bella hadid-esque body, which is WAY more unhealthy than this, nobody says anything. Then we all feel sorry for people who suffer from EDs. 

• Like 2
On 3/2/2023 at 2:26 PM, JankyStan said:

appropriating various styles of Bipoc culture

"bicop culture"

how ******* racist is that term, as if the thousands of different cultures could be put in one term :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

as if "black culture" was a thing :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: afro-american* perhaps :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: but it's really uneducated to think that the 2,000+ ethnicities in africa share the same culture. ask a somali, a botswanan & an ethiopian if they have the same culture :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

"appropriating" = taking an element from a culture and claiming it's your invention. e.g.: if britney took a béret and said that it wash her invention. 

y'all are crazy asf

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ElenaB said:

Ew at some of you. If it was a thin person, y'all would be like "yass queen motheringggg", but since Sam has that kind of body, you say they're doing it for attention and that they're disgusting. It's so fatphobic it would be funny if it wasn't one of the main problems in today's society. It's always the same, when a person is a bit overweight everybody's concerned for their health, but when you see a bella hadid-esque body, which is WAY more unhealthy than this, nobody says anything. Then we all feel sorry for people who suffer from EDs. 

well to be fair hadid's body has been heavily criticized lately all over the internet. 

girl needs to visit her arab-side coz' they're gonna slap her back into reality 

to comment on the pics his sense of style is tacky and i dislike it. it's like he's trying on purpose to wear the most unflattering pieces he can find lol

other than that i don't think that sam is responsible for the horrendous obesity rate in the us lol. heavily-processed food, food-deserts, food-courts consisting of panda express/mcdonalds/subway/burger king/kfc/pizza hut (can't believe they call their oiled dough pizza), free-unlimited-refills, no water in fast-foods, gmos-hormones, expansive vegetables, no local production, no regulation on advertising, no regulation on the implementation of these food chains, no regulation on levels of sugars, etc. are responsible for that. oh and no food education (can't believe what americans eat for lunch in their schools). 

promoting obersity would be live these shoots saying "this is a healthy body" showing a very obese woman. it ain't the case here.

btw is he gay?? 

God, whenever I need a dose of fat phobia, transphobia, mis-gendering, all I do need to do is log in the site. Y’all are so quick to defend Brittany, but then attack all these other people who have their own different perspectives and battles whether it be battles, conquered or battles on going y’all need to get a job.

Edited by Tampa Life
5 hours ago, Tampa Life said:

God, whenever I need a dose of fat phobia, transphobia, mis-gendering, all I do need to do is log in the site. Y’all are so quick to defend Brittany, but then attack all these other people who have their own different perspectives and battles whether it be battles, conquered or battles on going y’all need to get a job.

If you spell it as Brittany you’re clearly in the wrong place 

:begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

Spoiler

PS I have nothing against bigger people but he is intentionally making himself look uglier than he actually is. I ain’t celebrating that.

Also he may identify as a they or it but he has a ***** so he’s still biologically a he whether he likes it or not.  

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block