21 years ago, 'Crossroads' movie had its theatrical release

71TNErMzCAL._RI_.jpg

On February 15, 2002, Crossroads was released in the United States by Paramount Pictures. The teen drama film was written by Shonda Rhimes and directed by Tamra Davis; MTV Films was in charge of the production. The film stars Britney Spears as Lucy Wagner, along with Anson Mount, Zoe Saldana, Taryn Manning, Kim Cattrall and Dan Aykroyd. Jamie Lynn Spears also made a special cameo as a young version of Lucy, Britney's character.

B0035JPW06_Crossroads_UXPA1._V142675646_RI_.jpg

Despite receiving mostly negative reviews by the critics, the movie was a box office success, grossing over $61M worldwide in three months.

Britney Spears created the concept of the movie, which was originally titled "What Friends are For", along with her team, and this was later expanded by Shonda Rhimes. With a budget of $10M, the production of the film started in March 2001, but it only wrapped up until six months later, due to the fact that Britney was recording her third studio album.

The movie was first premiered in Cannes on January 19. Britney held a press conference to talk about it.

The US premiere took place in Los Angeles on February 11.

3358.jpg

003.jpg

The performance on the movie got Britney some nominations at the MTV Movie Awards and Teen Choice Awards, but didn't win any. She won Worst Actress and Worst Original Song at the Golden Raspberry Awards though :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

The following months she traveled across the world to attend various premieres at different places. On February she was at the New Orleans premiere

002.jpg

On March 08, she was in Cologne, Germany.

023.jpg

XRAY_HQ_AP_0203080668_28529.jpg

On March 12, she was in Paris, France.

041.jpg

bs1257E2.jpg

Crossroads_Paris_premiere_2.jpg

March 18, Stockholm, Sweden.

015.jpg

March 19, Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Press_Conference_in_Amsterdam2C_Netherla

006.jpg

March 21, Madrid, Spain.

XRAY_GI_MADRID_1.jpg

007.jpg

March 25, London, UK.

01625257E211.jpg

048.jpg

April 18, Sydney, Australia.

cross_pre_rock19.jpg

April 21, Tokyo, Japan.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Fab britney said:

I wish they’de acknowledge its existence more I feel like this movie could really blow up if put on a streaming service that’s popular and gets a blu ray release. Like it’s bad but a good bad movie. I can totally see a cult following growing for it 

I wonder if there are issues with the rights to the music.

I remember seeing this in the theater with a bunch of girls from my 11th grade class and being like "So this is a chick flick". 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block