Do Somethin' single turns 18 today 🥳

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

20.jpg

Do Somethin' was released as the second single off her Greatest Hits: My Prerogative album. 

She had to convince her record label though, as they didn't want to release it as a single. The music video was ultimately shot in December 2004, and it leaked online in January. In a letter that she published on her official website on January 03, she wrote:

" I just shot a cute video for "Do Something" that I co-directed. After doing about 20 videos, it gets kind of boring playing the same role, so I chose to work with a young, hungry, director Bille Woodruff. He had no ego whatsoever and the whole process was just so much fun. Oh, his dog was just adorable too.

As much fun as I had, I have to say I was a little disappointed that I still had to convince my record label that making this video was the right thing to do at this time. But, in the end, I think everything came out great. We shot the entire video in a record breaking 5 hours. I even came up with all the choreography and styled the entire shoot myself using Juicy Couture clothing.

Co-directing this video was like an experimental project for me. I feel like being behind the camera is sometimes more satisfying than being in front of it. Working on this video was my first taste into behind the scenes work which I am excited about doing more of in the near future. When a woman directs, I think it just alters the entire feel of the movie, production or play in such a positive way. Speaking of, I've been working on writing and hopefully eventually directing a musical which makes fun of the whole Hollywood scene, which is appropriately titled "Hollywood". "

spacer.png

:bouncey:

• Love 3

I do enjoy “Do Somethin” but I still think “I’ve Just Begun (Having My Fun)” blows it out of the water. Such a missed opportunity, there’s a reason they chose it for one of the best comedies of all time, “Bridesmaids”. And I’ll gladly die on that hill. 

Edited by Emil87
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

I do enjoy “Do Somethin” but I still think “I’ve Just Begun (Having My Fun)” blows it out of the water. Such a missed opportunity, there’s a reason they chose it for one of the best comedies of all time, “Bridesmaids”. And I’ll gladly die on that hill. 

I love Chris Cox megamix even more. I'll die on THAT hill

God Warrior Marguerite Perrin GIF - God Warrior Marguerite Perrin Whew -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

20.jpg

Do Somethin' was released as the second single off her Greatest Hits: My Prerogative album. 

She had to convince her record label though, as they didn't want to release it as a single. The music video was ultimately shot in December 2004, and it leaked online in January. In a letter that she published on her official website on January 03, she wrote:

" I just shot a cute video for "Do Something" that I co-directed. After doing about 20 videos, it gets kind of boring playing the same role, so I chose to work with a young, hungry, director Bille Woodruff. He had no ego whatsoever and the whole process was just so much fun. Oh, his dog was just adorable too.

As much fun as I had, I have to say I was a little disappointed that I still had to convince my record label that making this video was the right thing to do at this time. But, in the end, I think everything came out great. We shot the entire video in a record breaking 5 hours. I even came up with all the choreography and styled the entire shoot myself using Juicy Couture clothing.

Co-directing this video was like an experimental project for me. I feel like being behind the camera is sometimes more satisfying than being in front of it. Working on this video was my first taste into behind the scenes work which I am excited about doing more of in the near future. When a woman directs, I think it just alters the entire feel of the movie, production or play in such a positive way. Speaking of, I've been working on writing and hopefully eventually directing a musical which makes fun of the whole Hollywood scene, which is appropriately titled "Hollywood". "

18years! - ..............Aging Jamie Lee Curtis GIF

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

20.jpg

I liked that song. Is there any other video where she was co-director?

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block