Black Vinyls: where are they?

36 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

honestly I don't get people using vinyl as a listening medium, I get it for collection purposes and I do have a few coloured ones but yeah CDs>>>>>vinyl :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

No I feel this deep in my soul, I'm with you

CD and higher bitrates obv

I just like the artwork tbh but I'm REALLY not a fan of the coloured vinyl because they sound even worse.

Which is why I'm looking for the Black Vinyl releases because I'm presuming the quality will be better (however can only see them on US sites so far)

UK here britney spears television GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• Love 1

When i got vinyls my britney one had her face on it and my dad said the purpose of ones like that are not to be played which could make sense of them not sounding as good.

Personally i have loads of black ones i think theyre easier to come by but generally for the modern person buying them must be focusing on the aesthetic and not using them as much

• Love 1

Idk, man, just give me a record and I'm happy. I mean, all those coloured variants are cute and all, but at the end of the day I just want the best sound. Besides, most of the time those dang records are in a sleeve anyway, so what's the point of some marble print? When I'm using my record player I use it for listening purposes; I don't stand there all day and watch a funny color spin 'round and 'round :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, mhally said:

Idk, man, just give me a record and I'm happy. I mean, all those coloured variants are cute and all, but at the end of the day I just want the best sound. Besides, most of the time those dang records are in a sleeve anyway, so what's the point of some marble print? When I'm using my record player I use it for listening purposes; I don't stand there all day and watch a funny color spin 'round and 'round :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

ahahaha I feel this too
All gimmicky and makes people buy them I guess cause 'pretty'  🤪

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, GregReid said:

ahahaha I feel this too

Yeah, and then to only be bought by people who either don't even own a record player or people who own a Crosley or Denver :setfire_girl_meme_explosion_burning: I understand that's a profitable target audience, but the people who actually buy records for the sake of auditive quality are left with marbled dust :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

1 hour ago, GregReid said:

ahahaha I feel this too

I'll always be team vinyl, the only thing that kind of bugs me is that my repeated listens don't get tracked, so obviously playing a vinyl LP over and over doesn't benefit the artist whatsoever... That's why I love when artists release vinyls 4-6 weeks after the album drops. When vinyl albums ship on day 1 they're essentially throwing away any potential streams they would gotten from that fan in the first couple weeks...

Personally, I usually stream an album for a few weeks upon release before deciding whether or not I like the album enough to spend the 40-60$ to get it on vinyl.

And yes, you're totally right about it being a trend and people only buying them because they look "pretty". Personally, I've always loved having physical media, but to each their own! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mhally said:

Yeah, and then to only be bought by people who either don't even own a record player or people who own a Crosley or Denver :setfire_girl_meme_explosion_burning: I understand that's a profitable target audience, but the people who actually buy records for the sake of auditive quality are left with marbled dust :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

Not the Crosley and Denver shade 😂😂😂 you know it!!!
Which will scratch them up royally anyway!

Marbled dust 😭😭😭😭

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block