Paramore's new album is out!!

It's so good. I don't think it will top After Laughter (my favourite Paramore album and dare I say one of my all time favourite albums?) but it's so cohesive. I was a bit worried we were only getting 10 songs but then I remember most Paramore albums aren't overly long anyway (with the exception of self-titled). 

Not only is the album cohesive in terms of its sound but there's so many layers to the production and lyrics which weren't really explored properly on past Paramore albums. I think the album shows a lot of maturity and growth in their sound. You can tell how heavily influenced they have been by the indie rock scene of the 2000s (especially by British bands such as Foals and Bloc Party, who they singled out in an interview as an influence for the album)

The News is probably still my favourite song on the album. I love Running Out Of Time (the next single), Big Man Little Dignity, Figure 8 and Crave too. Ahhhhh. While After Laughter is still my fave this album is so so good too and wouldn't be so far behind.

I'm so excited to see Paramore live for the 4th time in April!!!!

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Isla said:

It's so good. I don't think it will top After Laughter (my favourite Paramore album and dare I say one of my all time favourite albums?) but it's so cohesive. I was a bit worried we were only getting 10 songs but then I remember most Paramore albums aren't overly long anyway (with the exception of self-titled). 

Not only is the album cohesive in terms of its sound but there's so many layers to the production and lyrics which weren't really explored properly on past Paramore albums. I think the album shows a lot of maturity and growth in their sound. You can tell how heavily influenced they have been by the indie rock scene of the 2000s (especially by British bands such as Foals and Bloc Party, who they singled out in an interview as an influence for the album)

The News is probably still my favourite song on the album. I love Running Out Of Time (the next single), Big Man Little Dignity, Figure 8 and Crave too. Ahhhhh. While After Laughter is still my fave this album is so so good too and wouldn't be so far behind.

I'm so excited to see Paramore live for the 4th time in April!!!!

OMG! I think just the same! I'm going to see them live for the first time in march, I'm so exited :unbelievableney_happy_smile_joy_overjoyed_excited_yay:

• Love 1
On 2/10/2023 at 7:16 PM, Martian_M00d said:

What are your guys favorite songs? 

My favorite songs are: You First, Crave, This is Why, The News, C'est Comme Ca and Running Out of Time.

I love the new album, is no my favorite but is definitely among my favorites. 

I love how they evolved their sound while still being themselves, we can't expect them to make the same album over and over again. We're not the same people we were 20 years ago and neither is Paramore. 

• Love 1

I really dislike the new album. I found it boring, and like it all sounds the same.  Y’all are calling it cohesive.

definitely the most disappointing album from them, I usually love everything they do. And after such a long hiatus I feel pretty let down. At least it’s better than panic at the disco’s comeback and “final” album.

here’s hoping fall out boy delivers or it’s gonna be 3 duds from my 3 favorite bands.

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block