Is Britney Spears the queen or princess of pop?

10 hours ago, mfanbs said:

I don't want to be Debbie Downer but she is currently none... :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

and that is okay too, she just doesn't want to be Britney Spears anymore and we should all respect that and basically stop checking up on her and let her live a life of slowly becoming "normal" and not relevant (which wont happen but... you now what i mean)

I beg to disagree. She may not be working or may not have hits for years now... but shes still the undisputed princess of pop. New pop girlies can have several more number 1 hits than her but only britney is the reigning princess.... so lets not take that from her. 

11 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Out of respect, Madonna still holds the title of Queen of Pop. Britney has, however, had way more influence in pop music and pop culture over the last 20+ years. All the new pop girls cite Britney as their inspiration over Madonna, as they grew up with Britney’s music. But to be fair, there would be no Britney without Madonna. She is the queen, Britney is the princess, let’s leave it at that. 

people always say this and its obvious from the numerous times britney mentioned her that she is a big influence but in all honestly without janet there would be no britney, janet's influence especially in the britney/itz eras is way too strong and she's always paid dust by fans and the industry alike. I wish I had a screenshot of a post that was made on here years ago and there is literally picture by picture comparisons of britney & janet, it really blew my mind

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Shadow. said:

people always say this and its obvious from the numerous times britney mentioned her that she is a big influence but in all honestly without janet there would be no britney, janet's influence especially in the britney/itz eras is way too strong and she's always paid dust by fans and the industry alike. I wish I had a screenshot of a post that was made on here years ago and there is literally picture by picture comparisons of britney & janet, it really blew my mind

The question was whether Britney was the queen or princess of pop. Since Madonna is known as the queen of pop, I focused on her. I absolutely agree with you that Britney has been more inspired by Janet. And she may unfortunately be paid dust by the industry, but not by Britney. She’s always given credit to Janet. Without Madonna or Janet, there would be no Britney. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block