Cultural Critic: "That Britney’s fans are harassing and stalking her in this manner, after proclaiming how badly they wanted her free, is sick"

1 hour ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

I'm puzzled that this is the reaction to this thread. If you're confident you're one of the good fans, it shouldn't bother you. And if it does, all the more reason to call out this bad behavior and encouraging people to do better. 

I agree, it does not bother me and I have called it out when you get some of the more sanctimonious fans going "Britney's not well" and "Britney needs help", "Britney needs to be checked on" when they know nothing and should mind their own business.  The lack of emotional intelligence when it comes to repeating 2007 patterns of behaviour towards her is astounding. TMZ and Perez Hilton all at it again and being enabled by certain "fans" deep "concern". 

• Love 2

I think it might be two sides of the same coin. For the celebrities I like that are still alive (very few and far between), I do wish them the best if they're struggling. That's just me. It doesn't even have to be *****/booze or mental health problems. It could be a problem of any kind  you look at Dean Stockwell and him having Alzheimer's by the end if his life. I felt for him. He was a damn great actor and it was tragic the man couldn't even remember being an actor by the end  and that was something he'd done since he was a kid and he couldn't remember jack ****. Anyway, there's some people that might be able to draw a line. You like the projects they come out with but you have a 'whatever' attitude when it concerns their private life. Doesn't matter if the celeb is happy as a clam and living it up or the celeb is only a few steps away from going into the cemetery and I don't mean for a visit either. 

At the same time I feel like some people might be ******* up their own mental health by worrying about a celebrity that they have zero private connection to. This celebrity isn't your friend or family member and there's boundaries in place. You can't make yourself sick by overanalyzing every thing being posted. 

But I also flip it over and look at it from another point of view. I think of something I saw on another site related to Britney and somebody posted something with a very sad tone about 'We failed her.' I thought that was one of the dumbest things ever seen and I'll be honest with that point of view. It's just as dangerous to basically be playing bodyguard to a celebrity as well. And I realize Britney's just as much to blame as those defensive fans. How many purposely seek to go and make a nasty comment to somebody Britney's going in attack mode against? Did you sharpen your knife and go in for an attack against Selena, Christina,  Alyssa, Jamie Lynn, Britney's sons and anybody else that Britney's put a target on their back? Why do that? What are you gaining by doing this? I know I've referenced the Jack in the Box employee in both of the posts I've made tonight and here comes reference three. How many would go into detective mode to find out about this guy and harass him because he dared be nice to a customer? Like please make that make sense when you're being nice and get harassed by total strangers.

It's a dangerous road and I caution people on both sides of that road. 

And I'm not defending Jamie Lynn by referencing her. I do think Britney's family are a bunch of leeches and justice needs to be dealt out legally. Legally. Not by Britney acting like a middle schooler and **** talking her online and a rabid fanbase acting like rabid dogs. 

Edited by glitterfalls
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, everybodygoesdown said:

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THAT IT'S NOT HER FANS ??? :squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:

People who claim to be fans are doing it. I agree they shouldn't be considered fans, so it's always good to make sure people know that type of behavior isn't tolerated within this fanbase. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp: 

Because I'm not going to be like a lot of people in this thread who apparently have short-term memory loss and haven't seen how people have behaved on this site in recent months spreading conspiracy theories.

And some of you want to blame the "GP" while also spending months fretting about what the GP thinks as if they're the most important group of people to appease. Now you're singing a different tune and I'm glad you have caught up with those of us who eye-rolled at the GP hysteria months ago. 

• Love 1

Okay if you read the article it's actually a lot better than the title. It's not an attack on fans but more of a question to the general media and population.

I loved this part:

"We were already given Britney Spears once and we destroyed her with our expectations, our pressures, our shame, and our humiliation. We ruined Britney for making mistakes, for being human, for being a young woman navigating the world with fame and adoration at her toes. Are we going to do it again, or are we going to show up differently this time?"

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block