Doja Cat defends Britney: "It’s so incredibly disrespectful for people to be minimizing what Britney went through"

''Her fans seem to get the look now, but she watched as a massive online debate ensued when she first cut off all her hair in the fall. Some onlookers even wondered if the shaved head meant she was having a Britney-Spears-circa-2007 bad moment. Those comments disturbed her — on Spears’ behalf, not her own. “It’s so incredibly disrespectful for people to be minimizing what Britney went through and make a joke out of something that was very serious and a big deal in her life. Every time I see a comment like that, I can’t compute what’s happening, other than it’s just an awful thing,” Doja says. ''

Doja-Cat-Full-2.jpg?w=819

''Aside from bristling over Britney’s treatment at the hands of the internet, Doja seems in a flagrantly carefree mood as she sips the wine, followed by a smoke 20 minutes in (of what, it’s not clear, but she does cheerfully say, “My memory is shot. I’ve fried my brain with w**d”). The arrival of a delivery at the door — “Fresh veggies!” she proclaims — leads to a lot of bag rustling as she finds and delightedly devours some oysters. All this serial consumption isn’t what you’d call dainty, but it is what you’d call Doja. She’s as unabashedly freewheeling and don’t-give- a-****-ish as you might expect from someone who got her start in music a decade ago hanging out with a few dozen fans in talky social-media hangs, sharing the new Garage Band-generated songs she was just beginning to come up with. She still does those, as well as TikTok originals she constantly feels embarrassed by but hasn’t yet given up. ''

Doja-Cat-Full-3.jpg?w=819

FULL ARTICLE:

Doja-Cat-16x9-4.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1
VARIETY.COM

In a Variety cover story, Doja Cat talks about her viral fashion, her wild TikToks and how R&B, rap and punk may all figure more into her next album.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DollyParton said:

I still have no idea who she is and never heard a song of hers. 

200.gif?cid=31ad6aa7dwysz72ws06dijeyf7ay

Do you think you’re making Doja less-relevant by posting a Cardi gif in 2023? Girl, Doja took her spot and shattered every Cardi B streaming “record”. Hell, even Super Freaky Girl is dragging both WASP and UP to the pits. The stripping pole had been left in the last decade! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Edited by Style.
3 hours ago, Style. said:

Do you think you’re making Doja less-relevant by posting a Cardi gif in 2023? Girl, Doja took her spot and shattered every Cardi B streaming “record”. Hell, even Super Freaky Girl is dragging both WASP and UP to the pits. The stripping pole had been left in the last decade! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Thats great and all, but doesnt change the fact i dont know who she is -i admit i know her from name- but never heard a song of hers. She must be huge in the US 

season 3 GIF by TV One

Edited by DollyParton
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block