What do you think Britney meant when she said “I always sing live”

Britney if you are listening, we don't care if you use a backing track or pre-record or completely lip sync. You sang it once in the studio and that's enough.

If she ever wanted to be taken more seriously as a vocal artist, she could. Remember when Rihanna used to be known for her fashion and style and nobody thought she could sing? She turned that ship around and put in the effort and now she tricked Rolling Stone and landed on their recent list of the top 100 singers.

What does Britney mean... SARCASM.

y'all reaching with this thread... she knows we know she doesn't sing live, and she barely tried during POM, probably because of the con. Why would she? She was selling out despite dreadfully obvious lip-synching and Larry marketing Vegas as her singing almost 100% 

I wouldn't be trying at all if I was also forced to tour. This question was asked during the forced POM tour and during promo, which she hates doing. 

She's obviously not going to admit to lip-syncing, but it would be pretty badass if she did. 

She’s lipsynched the majority of her career but she used to be more convincing. Now she makes these facial expressions that make it so painfully obvious.

I also would like to think she doesn’t think we are dumb enough to actually believe her. Tbh, back in the day she danced her *** off so much that it didn’t even matter. And during POM, she clearly didn’t give 2 ****s and I can’t really blame her for that either. 

It was interesting watching the whole VMA 2000 rehearsal video. There was some takes where you could hear her voice clearly during Oops!, and it was good, but over a few takes she kept asking for more playback which just drowned her out and basically turned into the CD vocal of the song for the final performance.

15 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Why does she have in ears dangling at her hips here?

4k4x.gif

6pFk.gif

gettyimages-1014803926.jpg

That’s the chord that hooks her mic up to the mic pack. The only time she may have worn them was during ballads with a real mic pre-cship. One of the people on the circus tour explicitly said she doesn’t like to and prefers to hear the audience. 

I honestly don’t get the big deal that she doesn’t sing live. Is she supposed to admit that she doesn’t when asked? I also don’t believe that the conservatorship didn’t let her sing live either. I see this commented everywhere when ppl bring it up and I don’t agree. Maybe they didn’t let her pick remixes and stuff like she said. But she very early on took to lip syncing in her career. She clearly preferred it that way which is fine. If she didn’t ITZ Britney era would’ve definitely broken this habit since she was very in control. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block