Is it Just Me, or is Womanizer a Bad Song?

I was listening to it a few times the other day...

It's definitely a song of its own time and hasn't aged well, but it sounds very unfinished and half-baked. The song doesn't go anywhere and there is no build-up. A catchy chorus driven by repetition, yes, but there is no bridge.

The distorted vocals throughout sound an excuse due to Britney not getting much studio time/a time crunch to get the single and album out.

Β 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, HisNameisChase said:

it sounds very unfinished and half-baked.

Well that was my impression when it came out, as Daddy Spears was desperate to do damage control for B. An I was just as shocked when it shoot to # 1

I enjoy it now for nostalgia really but I thought it was lazy and the video a carbon copy of Toxic

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t love womanizer, especially compared to the follow up single circus which is a masterpiece. I noticed the other day that on circus Britney is actually singing in a lower register on the verses. She sounds SO GOOD and the way she enunciates the words is everything.Β 

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block