Which celebrity disappointed you the most by not speaking out in support of Free Britney?

1 minute ago, charlenerose said:

The world doesn’t revolve around Britney, dear. But I am grateful for those who did use their voice. 

She was practically being killed in front of us and when she was finally able to give her testimony in court, many who claimed to adore her remained silent. In her world, that is a tragedy.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

Are you kidding me with this comment. She was literally being trafficked. I-

No, I'm not kidding. But how can you open a thread to blame other artists who don't have any responsibility to what happened to Britney?

It's hard to swallow, but the truth is that. That was going to have a hard ending in all the scenerios and I think Britney realized that and finally took the wheel again. She refused to work anymore and play their game and gave her testimonial and that's when her fanbase got united and the public opinion helped her.

It happened in her time, such a shame it took too long, but she only got out of it because she used her (s)word.

• Haha 2
  • Like 2

Christina Aguilera. They’d known each other for such a long time, people in the industry talked so she knew it wasn’t right and said nothing. And then didn’t even have a kind word to say when Britney was freed :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

I feel like Lady Gaga could have said more pre freedom. At least she had kind words to say after. But she worked with Britney/her team at the start of the con, so I wonder what she knew of the situation. 

I suppose it’s no one’s obligation to speak out. But people were still happy to use her name and star power (looking at you Rihanna) for personal gain. Hollywood is a tricky, shady place so I don’t know. There’s always more to it than we know. But peers rallying around her definitely helped. I guess, like a lot of humanity, it’s all about self interest and what’s in it for them. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lola2790 said:

Janet Jackson. Love her sister La Toya for speaking out though!

Janet did reach out to her! An insider confirmed it.  :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Janet does things in private and not publicly for attention. She's one of the only people who always defended her, even during her breakdown

Truth is a lot of celebrities mentioning #FreeBritney don't actually care and were only doing it for clout and attention :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

You can't really blame Rihanna for not speaking up; she tends to keep to herself and barely uses social media anyways. Plus other than collaborating on the S&M remix, I never considered her and Brit to be actual friends, but rather just on good terms with each other as artists. That's all.

And did y'all seriously forget that Xtina did show support for Britney months before she was even freed? :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

Edited by Stefani
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

I’m going to have to go with Beyoncé. What a shame that she didn’t publicly show Britney any support. At least none to my knowledge! Glaring Mean Girls GIF by filmeditor

Which celebrity did you hope would speak out in support of Britney but didn’t? 

And Lady Gaga, I’m also most certainly talking about you:whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Let me know your answer in the comments :sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

Tbh I don't care about any celebs. I know it won't make you happy, but no one has an obligation to talk about her. But of course - any support is welcomed from them :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

@Joshyworld your "queen" is selfish, self-centered and after the warranty period :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Just now, The Greatest Show said:

Just because you dont post something on social media doesn't mean you don't support someone. This is such an online take.

It was very, very difficult for people to get in touch with her. The media was the best way to let her know that she had people that still cared about her because she really felt that she had no one in her corner. She paid very close attention to that. I’m just saying that it was important to her.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, zone_ said:

Janet did reach out to her! An insider confirmed it.  :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Janet does things in private and not publicly for attention. She's one of the only people who always defended her, even during her breakdown

Truth is a lot of celebrities mentioning #FreeBritney don't actually care and were only doing it for clout and attention :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Omg really? That's good to know!

• Love 1

Madonna. I feel like when Britney infiltrated Madonna’s tour back in For the Record, they both could have talked back stage real quick about her situation. Sorry to Madonna if she did say something. Idk. :walkoff_miss_new_york_ny_tiffany_walking:

Uh who else…. Andy Cohen, Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Mariah Carey all these people who say they love Britney didn’t lift a finger :typing_keyboard_computer:

Edited by HIM
Sloppy bj made me click submit before I was ready
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Christina Aguilera. They’d known each other for such a long time, people in the industry talked so she knew it wasn’t right and said nothing. And then didn’t even have a kind word to say when Britney was freed :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

I feel like Lady Gaga could have said more pre freedom. At least she had kind words to say after. But she worked with Britney/her team at the start of the con, so I wonder what she knew of the situation. 

I suppose it’s no one’s obligation to speak out. But people were still happy to use her name and star power (looking at you Rihanna) for personal gain. Hollywood is a tricky, shady place so I don’t know. There’s always more to it than we know. But peers rallying around her definitely helped. I guess, like a lot of humanity, it’s all about self interest and what’s in it for them. 

"I'm happy for her" is kind enough even though people like to twist it making Christina look bad. Also, ignoring the long *** thread she posted on twitter after Britney's testimony is not fair, there are many people who knew Britney and didn't bother to do it. And we don't know if Christina or anyone else knew how bad the conservatorship was, she may have heard things but she wasn't in Britney's circle.

-

I expected Beyonce and Rihanna to say a word or two about free Britney movement or the testimony.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block