…Baby One More Time or Say My Name?

Which is your favorite song of the two?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

- Both released by Y2K sisters, Britney and Beyoncé.
- Both released in the late 1990s.
Both went to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Charts.
- Both made several year- and decade-end lists.

I personally prefer “Say My Name” and think the song aged like finest of wines with a killer hook and immaculate instrumental (thank you Darkchild :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:) but “Baby One More Time” is also a pop masterpiece and an undeniable classic.

But enough of my opinion, which is YOUR favorite of the two masterpieces?

Discuss!

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

I love baby one more time, I really do! But I listen to say my name much more often and have been on a destiny child binge recently. Sorry Britney

‘Say My Name’ is such a *****CKING masterpiece, I always loved it as a child but whew chile, I can’t believe I’ve been sleeping on the song’s intricacy for this long :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: It’s no wonder Darkchild named it his best production of all time in a recent interview, just listen to how hard this production goes:shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Baby One More Time for sure.

Although I also do like Say My Name

• Haha 1

The comparison is a choice, the songs are completely different in every way. I’m going with “..Baby One More Time” although I do think “Say My Name” slaps and has aged better. Had no idea it was released in 1999.

On a side note, Beyonces music with Destiny’s Child is far superior to her solo work. 

Edited by Emil87
  • Love 2
  • Like 2

I don't feel anything in particular for Say My Name, mainly because at the time of its release I had no idea  it existed, I only discovered it like more than 10 years later when it was already too outdated.

I don't know how popular Destiny's Child were in Latin America with their first albums, or why the hell I never knew them, but the first time I really heard about them was with Independent Women Part I

For the longest time I thought this was their debut single lol 

Bootylicious though >>>> 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block