HMC joins Britney's catalogue as one of her longest charting song, alongside Oops, Toxic, and Gimme More.

I really don't understand the critiques of HMC, to be honest, for one simple reason, it was all the proof we needed...

Before the conservatorship, Britney released an album that had back to back songs that would become staple Britney songs on an album that became her magnum opus. We then spent years hearing about how the conservatorship "helped Britney get her career back on track", and while new music was met with immediate hype, over the years, the pull factor stopped; lead singles didn't perform as well, singles didn't perform well for an artist of her stature etc, for reasons beyond her control.

HMC as of now is her only song post conservatorship, and for it to have been not only warmly welcomed by fans, critics etc, but chart success goes to highly that Britneys success is due to Britney, noone else. Britney delivered.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I really don't understand the critiques of HMC, to be honest, for one simple reason, it was all the proof we needed...

Before the conservatorship, Britney released an album that had back to back songs that would become staple Britney songs on an album that became her magnum opus. We then spent years hearing about how the conservatorship "helped Britney get her career back on track", and while new music was met with immediate hype, over the years, the pull factor stopped; lead singles didn't perform as well, singles didn't perform well for an artist of her stature etc, for reasons beyond her control.

HMC as of now is her only song post conservatorship, and for it to have been not only warmly welcomed by fans, critics etc, but chart success goes to highly that Britneys success is due to Britney, noone else. Britney delivered.

At some point, I believe Britney is an over achiever and would kill to pull a sick choreography Β and make out of this world music video. And I hope the success of this song reminds her the glimpse of that, of how far she has conquered the world.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

OMG THANK YOU for the mention sweetie, i'm so TOUCHED!

Thanks B-Army for joining in the radio requesting campaignΒ 

Β 

https://exhale.breatheheavy.com/forums/topic/813608-britney-spears-officially-becomes-the-youngest-female-artist-to-have-a-top-10-hit-on-pop-radio-in-four-consecutive-decades-90s-00s-10s-and-20s-hold-me-closer-surpassed-100-million-streams-on-spotify-today-new-cool-remix-video-is-out-now/

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YA BRITNEY-ARMYS!!

UNITED WE STAND!Β 

Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, TOUCHMEANGEL said:

OMG THANK YOU for the mention sweetie, i'm so TOUCHED!

Thanks B-Army for joining in the radio requesting campaignΒ 

Β 

https://exhale.breatheheavy.com/forums/topic/813608-britney-spears-officially-becomes-the-youngest-female-artist-to-have-a-top-10-hit-on-pop-radio-in-four-consecutive-decades-90s-00s-10s-and-20s-hold-me-closer-surpassed-100-million-streams-on-spotify-today-new-cool-remix-video-is-out-now/

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YA BRITNEY-ARMYS!!

UNITED WE STAND!Β 

Β 

Β 

You are an asset here now that we have smear campaign for Britney fans.Β :wink_britney_everytime_white:

On 1/26/2023 at 12:27 PM, everybodygoesdown said:

I really like the song and even though it's peaked higher and has more weeks on the charts I somehow doubt it will be as memorable as Toxic or Gimme more in like a few years.

Compare it to Scream and Shout: another collab that was very low promotion, high in the charts, great deal of radioplay, GP loved it, but after a decade or so it's just not one of those iconic Britney songs.Β 

it actually is, it's played at parties in college lol and it's a britney signature song "u are now now rocking with, will.i.am and britney b"Β 

her last signature hit (well, there's actually WB that can be considered as a hit too)

On 1/27/2023 at 9:11 PM, Almost Mystical said:

You are an asset here now that we have smear campaign for Britney fans.Β :wink_britney_everytime_white:

i have read this threadΒ 

Β don't worry the real fans (B-Armys) are smart and strong, we shouldn't be interested in negativity and united we stand! Them trolls and haters will be drown in their negativity....

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TOUCHMEANGEL said:

i have read this threadΒ 

Β don't worry the real fans (B-Armys) are smart and strong, we shouldn't be interested in negativity and united we stand! Them trolls and haters will be drown in their negativity....

Aw thanks for linking me booΒ :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

Absolutely agreed, some of us can see through it all and I hope that eventually spreads out through the whole community. Without a solid family support system, Britney needs us to be strong with her.Β 
:bsass_britney_boys_nod:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block