HMC joins Britney's catalogue as one of her longest charting song, alongside Oops, Toxic, and Gimme More.

What a success. Congrats to both Elton and Britney. I love the song.

(Not liking the song is one thing, but I really don't get why there are such comments on how they dislike the song. Just move away. Why spread negativity and shade the success of a song just cuz you 'personally' don't like it? Can't we just like the song in peace? Dammn)

• Love 2
  • Like 5

Congrats Britney!

TC seems to chose to forget Elton John’s other recent (and more successful)  hit Cold Heart PNAU remix with Dua Lipa.

It would have been nice to talk about its performance and longevity just to give some context, especially because her peers Beyoncé and Gaga are brought up too.

Edited by bas che

I really like the song and even though it's peaked higher and has more weeks on the charts I somehow doubt it will be as memorable as Toxic or Gimme more in like a few years.

Compare it to Scream and Shout: another collab that was very low promotion, high in the charts, great deal of radioplay, GP loved it, but after a decade or so it's just not one of those iconic Britney songs. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

Slay Me Closer remains iconic :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

And it's crazy how that would bother a lot of people here lol.

7 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I'm happy fior her but it also really annoys me because imo it's not a great song and so many of her other songs would have Deserved that more.

Which Britney's song that you think deserve to chart higher than HMC though?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block