Panic! At The Disco Disbands, Brendon Urie Explains Why & Reveals Wife’s Pregnancy

Zach F

Panic! At The Disco, the fan favorite band that formed nearly 20 years ago and eventually became a solo endeavor for frontman Brendon Urie, is splitting up.

The 35-year-old entertainer announced the news in a statement, explaining his reasons why. He also announced simultaneously that his wife Sarah Urie, is pregnant with their first child.

Panic! at the Disco will officially end after their upcoming European tour which kicks off in February and will end on March 10.

Brendon Urie's Full Statement:

Well, it’s been a hell of a journey...Growing up in Vegas I could’ve never imagined where this life would take me. So many places all over the world, and all the friends we’ve made along the way.

But sometimes a journey must end for a new one to begin. We’ve been trying to keep it to ourselves, though some of you may have heard.. Sarah and I are expecting a baby very soon! The prospect of being a father and getting to watch my wife become a mother is both humbling and exciting. I look forward to this next adventure.

That said, I am going to bring this chapter of my life to an end and put my focus and energy on my family, and with that Panic! At The Disco will be no more.

Thank you all for your immense support over the years. I’ve sat here trying to come up with the perfect way to say this and I truly can’t put into words how much it has meant to us. Whether you’ve been here since the beginning or are just finding us, it has been a pleasure to not only share the stage with so many talented people but also share our time with you. I am looking forward to seeing everyone in Europe and the UK for one last run together.

I love you. I appreciate you. Thank you for existing.

36 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

That’s the sucky part of being in a band. If the lead vocalist doesn’t want to be apart of the group anymore, the dream ends for everyone. He better not do some solo shht, cuz he’s blaming this break over his family. You don’t do that :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

Girl the band broke-up years ago. Panic! at the Disco is just a name that Brendon Urie uses for himself now. It's been a solo project for years now already.

:blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Bo da toe said:

P@tD has been just Brendon Urie for a decade. It hasn’t been a real bad in even longer. This was an excuse to take a break and come back under his own name or a new moniker.:umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

Literally everyone knows he's the last original member but he still plays with the same band for every performance. Just because they're not the original members means nothing. 

38 minutes ago, mwilliams917 said:

Literally everyone knows he's the last original member but he still plays with the same band for every performance. Just because they're not the original members means nothing. 

That’s normal for live performances tho many artist do it 

for example Ariana Grande has been performing with the same band and dancers on stage for years

but her on stage band doesn’t contribute to actually creating the music or writing they are just there for live performances 

2 hours ago, i sometimes sing live said:

Isn't he a major creep? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

yeah but who cares he's "hot" right :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever: I'm starting to wonder if anyone within the pop punk/emo pop genre isn't a creep, seems like every other day there is new allegations about someone and unfortuantely its not surprising they prey on their fans considering the majority of their audience tends to be teens & pre-teens who feel "understood" by their music, its disgusting

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

yeah but who cares he's "hot" right :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever: I'm starting to wonder if anyone within the pop punk/emo pop genre isn't a creep, seems like every other day there is new allegations about someone and unfortuantely its not surprising they prey on their fans considering the majority of their audience tends to be teens & pre-teens who feel "understood" by their music, its disgusting

I looked into it out of curiosity, and the allegations have supposedly been proven false, but make of that what you will. :typing_keyboard_computer: I do think that the whole "getting s-xual with your fans" culture is definitely much more prominent in the rock music scene (broad strokes). I mean, isn't Matty Healy's whole thing kissing fans on stage? Not trying to imply his grown-azz fans have no agency or put words in their mouths because I'm sure many of them probably loved it, but it's still so weird to me. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Edited by i sometimes sing live
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block