Do you like 'Swimming in the Stars' now?

I like SITS as a cute album track or bonus track, it has a very simple atmospheric vibe, and the lyrics are very Britney, in my opinion...

However, it's announcement and released was tarnished by it coming out during the conservatorship, and it feeling like a cash grab when so many were boycotting the brand. Additionally, the version we got isn't without its flaws...

Compared to the demo we recieved, you can hear that the released version was sped up and the production changed. The vocals remained the same but it created a flaw in the track; the treatment on the vocals (pitch correction, backing singers etc) is more noticeable, despite being minimal on the demo, only due to the tempo change. 

• Love 1

I like the song itself but not the way it was mixed with the other vocalist coming in and out at diffrent parts. I don't like feeling like there's an attempt to fool me with studio trickery

I want to listen to Britney. I'm not here for no-name Bertha's demo/refference vocals.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block