Did Britney's Nose-job contribute towards her vocal decline?

Hi all, 

Some of you know I'm a vocal coach in the UK... I have come across a student who had a nose job 6 months ago and since having the nose job, her vocal range has diminished and her tone is now very very breathy. Her loud "belt" voice is now croaky and very unconfident and she has no sense of connection with her voice like she did before the nose job. It's like a completely different voice. 

I'm thinking could a similar thing have happened to Britney early in her career which changed her vocal?

Sounds very plausible to me. 

• Haha 1

it would maybe change the tone a bit, but ultimately her vocal decline was because she didn't take care of her voice and executives pushing her to sing beyond her range. she adapted her vocals around this notion and probably has trauma around singing lower.

• Like 1

That was actually my theory around the “Britney” era, where her nose appeared smaller and her voice became noticeably more breathy and nasally. Could have been just an artistic choice tho. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Overall, I think it was a combo of things. Even though I still enjoy her voice, I do miss the BOMT/Oops era vocals.

Edited by Emil87
  • Like 1