Kelly Clarkson drops details on new album!

Bo da toe

Kelly Clarkson dropped details on her highly anticipated 10th studio album in a live stream on The Kelly Clarkson Show’s YouTube channel.

I have an album coming out this year! I swear! I know I’ve been talking about it but, look I’m gonna be really honest with you… it took a minute for me to be able to release this album. Cause I just had to be over it, through it, all around it. I had to get past it in order to talk about it.

Although she didn’t announce any release dates she said “there’s a really cool way we’re releasing it that we’re formulating right now.” This will be her first album of new, original material since finalizing her divorce from ex Brandon Blackstock in spring 2022. “It a great arch of like a whole relationship so it’s not all sad or mad but that, that’s in there.”

She also revealed the photo shoot for the album has already been shot. “It’s perfectly me,” she gushed “my entire team was like ‘you’re back!’” She also stated that the album cover, shot by Brian Smith, isn’t photoshopped and that “you’re gonna want [it] on vinyl just for the picture alone.” According to Clarkson the photo shoot will tell the visual story of what’s going on sonically on the album. “It’s frickin incredible.”

Despite releasing the ‘Kellyoke’ EP in 2022 and the Christmas collection ‘When Christmas Comes Around…’ in 2021 this will be her first album of all original material in over 5 years, since 2017’s ‘Meaning of Life’. She didn’t reveal the album or singles titles but says “I’m glad I took a minute because one of the last songs we wrote might be one of the first singles for it.” This spring will also mark the 20th anniversary of her debut album, ‘Thankful’.

Album talk starts at 11:57

As well as hosting season 4 of her Emmy Award winning daytime talk show Clarkson is also set to return as a coach to the new season of The Voice, which is set to premiere in March.

Are you look forward to new music from the queen of break up anthems?

Edited by Bo da toe
  • Love 7
On 1/16/2023 at 11:41 PM, Bo da toe said:

Clarkson is also set to return as a coach to the new season of The Voice, which is set to premiere in March

Wait a minute, so that The Voice season with that 5H girl in it is over? I didn't even notice it started, like fr. When Ari, Miley or Kelly were the for the first time, it was everywhere, but this last season flopped hard :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

20th anniversary of her debut album, ‘Thankful’.

:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree::tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

2017’s ‘Meaning of Life’.

One of the best albums of that time. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

“It a great arch of like a whole relationship so it’s not all sad or mad but that, that’s in there.”

yay! Can't wait to hear it. Kelly is one of the very few who is endowed with tremendous vocalls and she's one of the og pop girlies so that's it. Can't wait for her vocals to bless my ears. :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

i love kelly to be honest… and she always has bops… idk why but angry kelly is always my fave… so i’m hoping for some behind these hazel eyes or never again vibes 

My December is still my favorite album from her. I love angry Kelly:lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

Im hoping it sounds like her covers of Happier Than Ever and Queen of the Night:lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block