Ashlee Simpson Reveals Her Desire To Make a New Album

Zach F

11 hours ago, kdub87 said:

She was crucified and basically ruined because people thought she was attempting to lip sync on SNL when other singers have been doing the same thing for decades, I don’t think that’s fair at all. 

SNL performances are also usual pre recorded (that’s what I’ve heard from audience members anyway) so Ashlee and Lana really kinda just got the **** end of the stick. Industry hazing? Idk

• Like 2
13 hours ago, IsraeliMatt said:

That is only partly true. She was publicly humiliated and ridiculed for doing something that isn't uncommon, but her career didn't stop after SNL. Her second album debuted at #1 in the USA after SNL. She had 4 hit songs after SNL. Her real problem was that she was doing something that was very hot in that moment of time, and couldn't stay mainstream as pop culture shifted. In any case, her audience didn't entirely vanish. She chose to step away to focus on motherhood. 

Oh definitely, her sound was pretty era specific. I hope she can make a comeback though since Avril has kinda came back with that sound and MGK etc. would be so nostalgic!

3 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

Oh definitely, her sound was pretty era specific. I hope she can make a comeback though since Avril has kinda came back with that sound and MGK etc. would be so nostalgic!

You know, I do definitely believe that even though SNL didn't end Ashlee's career, it damaged her reputation really badly. It's interesting that now I think people don't care because of the nostalgia. I think a lot of people view her as a fun, harmless artist from that era, and many would be interested in seeing a comeback. Yeah, Avril just never stopped! I love her for that. I've heard so many criticisms of Avril not growing enough, but she's just Avril, always has been, and it works for me. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Britneycurious said:

I love Ashlee but id really love to see Jessica release another album.

She wrote and recorded a beautiful song called Sweet Temptation for her memoir. It was frustrating that she didn't make the song available in any traditional platform. She only had it playing during the audio book of the memoir. 

1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

OMG I would LOVE if she made another album!

I was a big fan when I was like 10-11!

I remember how huge her and Jessica were back in the day.

Jessica is a more technically impressive singer, but Ashlee's voice did it for me far more. Kind of an Xtina vs. Britney thing. I've enjoyed moments from both though! 

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, IsraeliMatt said:

Jessica is a more technically impressive singer, but Ashlee's voice did it for me far more. Kind of an Xtina vs. Britney thing. I've enjoyed moments from both though! 

Same.

Although I was initially more into Ashlee as a kid but now as an adult and being old enough to discover music on my own, Jessica was superior.

I still like Ashlee's albums though.

• Like 1

I would like another album from her. Ashlee is an example of a sibling of a famous person who actually put in the work and made a name for herself. She kind of… well, pretty much destroyed her career by the lip syncing scandal, but she was at least memorable for something other than getting knocked up. And she doesn’t complain. 

Edited by Loosenupthosebuttons
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Same.

Although I was initially more into Ashlee as a kid but now as an adult and being old enough to discover music on my own, Jessica was superior.

I still like Ashlee's albums though.

To me Jessica is someone who was born to sing whereas Ashlee has a nice voice. I like the personality of it better. Different situation though. 

• Super Mods
15 hours ago, IsraeliMatt said:

To me Jessica is someone who was born to sing whereas Ashlee has a nice voice. I like the personality of it better. Different situation though. 

Agree.

Although to be honest, I dont like Jessica's Music Post 2001 because I feel like she's trying to do a bad impersonation of Britney in most of it.

Which is crazy cause her debut single alone KILLS BOMT vocally.

(NOT saying BOMT is the worst song btw)

She should have used her voice as an advantage like Mariah or Whitney instead of copying Britney.

I do like Ashlee's voice too.

One song I wish she released as a single or did a video to was Little Miss Obsessive from her 3rd album.

ITS SO GOOD!

• Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block