Ashlee Simpson Reveals Her Desire To Make a New Album

Zach F

Ashlee Simpson says she misses the stage and wants to make new music, twenty years after her debut album.

The 38-year-old singer said on The Jennifer Hudson Show that she now "has to" come out with a new music album after having children.

Ashlee returned to the stage for a surprise performance with her friend Demi Lovato on her Holy **** tour in September 2022. They sang Ashlee’s 2004 hit “La La.”

"Definitely made me miss the stage and singing" she said.

When asked by Jennifer Hudson directly if she was going to come out with a new album, Ashlee said, "Okay I keep saying, 'I'm coming out with an album, I'm coming out with an album,' and now I have to. But then I keep having babies, so..."

• Love 8

Even if she can’t come out with a full album, I’d be so down for an EP! And when she can make time, a proper album or even a summer tour (she can bring her family). I have a feeling her husband’s ego is too big that he would shht on her new music or tour, all because his musical ambitions flopped. 

• Love 2
On 1/10/2023 at 5:27 PM, IsraeliMatt said:

I'm an Ashlee fan, and I do think she got a fair shake. She was successful. She wasn't a one-hit wonder. She's not the kind of artist who was going to be able to stay near the top as trends change. 

She was crucified and basically ruined because people thought she was attempting to lip sync on SNL when other singers have been doing the same thing for decades, I don’t think that’s fair at all. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kdub87 said:

She was crucified and basically ruined because people thought she was attempting to lip sync on SNL when other singers have been doing the same thing for decades, I don’t think that’s fair at all. 

That is only partly true. She was publicly humiliated and ridiculed for doing something that isn't uncommon, but her career didn't stop after SNL. Her second album debuted at #1 in the USA after SNL. She had 4 hit songs after SNL. Her real problem was that she was doing something that was very hot in that moment of time, and couldn't stay mainstream as pop culture shifted. In any case, her audience didn't entirely vanish. She chose to step away to focus on motherhood. 

• Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block