Was Jamie Lynn Spears, Britney Spears’s Little sister, intended to release an album? What happened to the full length record?

rik

it’s a thread related to brinny cuz jama loula should’ve been mentioned in that Hollywood nepotism article published recently omfg

I know she released her Taylor Swift wannabe country pop EPs with little to no success. Perhaps her stint at the opery or whatever the **** it was called, was the pinnacle point of “we are no longer investing in her music career” for the imprint (or maybe even Lou herself). 

was there supposed to be a full length record to follow though? I do remember How Could I Flop More getting decent views on YouTube, off the heels of the Work ***** video premiere 

Edited by Rik vs Exhale

We don't know, but I mean... the intention was clearly to build successful music career for JL with the gimmick that she's Britney's sister. Nothing new, nothing groundbreaking, we've seen it with Ashlee and Jessica Simpson, Nick and Aaron Carter (rip) etc.

Her label "Sweet Jamie Music, Inc" was incorporated around 2002 when JL was just what, 11 year old? However, nothing interesting happened with it until Lou Taylor took the ownership of it around 2006 (yes, she was managing JL even before Britney's conservatorship, as early as 2004) :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

The promotion suggests that Lou had big plans for JL; targeting niche market (country-pop) instead of trying to shoehorn her into pop scene (easier to chart in niche charts and that's a way of promotion), BJ feature with Chillin' with You, 45 minute documentary, talk show appearances etc... It's pretty clear that this was fabricated career to turn JL into the next cash cow, and all of this was done with Britney's money. :nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew:

Just a reminder, Sweet Jamie Music, Inc still exists and Lou Taylor is still the president of it. Maybe she'll release her debut album when her Sweet Magnolias royalties run dry :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

• Love 6

All her music was self published. I think she tried to get a label deal but couldn't. As someone else said, it's the curse of being the sibling. I remember around this time Jim carreys daughter tried to break into music, and even went on Idol and still didn't make it.

jL performed at the opry 3 times, one other time was recorded for a special sponsored by A+T that never aired. 

Her biggest downfall was little to no promotion. She'd also disappear for months on end then pop up singing at a random bar in the middle of nowhere. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, chizwhiz said:

All her music was self published. I think she tried to get a label deal but couldn't. As someone else said, it's the curse of being the sibling. I remember around this time Jim carreys daughter tried to break into music, and even went on Idol and still didn't make it.

jL performed at the opry 3 times, one other time was recorded for a special sponsored by A+T that never aired. 

Her biggest downfall was little to no promotion. She'd also disappear for months on end then pop up singing at a random bar in the middle of nowhere. 

There are country artists who DREAM of the Opry venue so it's obvious JL had some sort of industry behind her. There was one of those older Country Female artists cowriting and developing with her... I keep thinking it was Lorrie Morgan but I forget. JL had the look but not the energy or passion. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3

I’m sorry if Britney ever by chance sees this and is offended because I don’t know any of them especially Juno but she is just… screams backwoods spoiled Christian redneck backwards brat who wanted more attention than she deserved and doesn’t have a lick of talent herself so she should have chased another craft cause it’s about time her “entertainment” career gets paid dust 

Hungry Bette Davis GIF

• Love 2
18 hours ago, jordeezy said:

There are country artists who DREAM of the Opry venue so it's obvious JL had some sort of industry behind her. There was one of those older Country Female artists cowriting and developing with her... I keep thinking it was Lorrie Morgan but I forget. JL had the look but not the energy or passion. 

Yep she wrote with Pam Tillis who is a country star, and used Liz Rose who wrote for Taylor Swift's first albums. Along with quite a few other top chart songwriters. All of which were paid.  It was the wrong time. 

I think the music industry has really changed dramatically in the last ten years for the worst. Only new artists seem to thrive off grassroots listeners. Old, known acts have to fund their promo themselves now I believe.

If you remember the Femme Fatale tour in 2011, Brits support act was Destined and Paris who were pretty talented. They never emerged either. 

I listen to the radio now and even the big stations are replaying a lot of old music. Artists aren't coming out like they used to.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.