Has this latest conspiracy theory gone too far? User on TikTok suggests there’s a “fake Britney” in recent dancing videos

11 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

You’re so right about the antidepressants, I’ve been on mine for almost 20 years now and a few times I’ve ran out of them by mistake and had to wait for the new prescription- even going one day without them led to some f’kd up side effects, once I went two days and started to feel I was going crazy 😫

Another time my dr advised I changed brands due to them not being that effective anymore and the new ones made me act and feel in a way that was awful, won’t go into details as don’t want to upset anyone but it was scary. 

These are strong, brain-altering *****, they need to be handled with care, and stopping them suddenly, against medical advice can be so dangerous. 

Yes, mental health is something we all struggle with, and I can say that I relate to her in many levels that's why I'm a fan of Britney. 

She can only have Anxiety and that is serious enough, that's what I have, and I feel like I'm going crazy all the time. Pilling that up with all of the trauma she has been through, I think her situation with her kids is what is affecting her the most, and she's probably unraveling in different emotions. It's just gonna take time.

Remember she was silent for 13 years because of her kids, that was the only thing that made her take that bullcrap for so long.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

You’re so right about the antidepressants, I’ve been on mine for almost 20 years now and a few times I’ve ran out of them by mistake and had to wait for the new prescription- even going one day without them led to some f’kd up side effects, once I went two days and started to feel I was going crazy 😫

Another time my dr advised I changed brands due to them not being that effective anymore and the new ones made me act and feel in a way that was awful, won’t go into details as don’t want to upset anyone but it was scary. 

These are strong, brain-altering *****, they need to be handled with care, and stopping them suddenly, against medical advice can be so dangerous. 

Same thing happened to me switching medications, one of them I spent a whole week crying and feeling really weird. It happens.

2 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Britney is mentally ill, and anyone in her position would be. It’s nothing further than that. 

I am mentally ill. Yet I function.

1 hour ago, HairFlipQueen said:

I choose kickboxing. Was on Zoloft and tried taking my life. My friends cousin succeeded taking her life on it. They found it brought on suicidal tendencies. My mother was amazing until her shrink got her on meds. It was awful to watch between medication changes. Zombie states, forgot where she lived, a-lot more and my mother was brilliant.  It honestly destroyed her, her shrink should be in jail.  Many medical professionals are toxic as ****. Sorry meds help many but also destroy many beautiful minds.  I lived it. Its not fun. Its prescribed and the side effects can ruin many beautiful minds . Britney was on forced meds like Judy Garland😔. That should have never been allowed. I kinda hate them but know many benefit taking them. Yet my experience turned me off .

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Steve W said:

I choose kickboxing. Was on Zoloft and tried taking my life. My friends cousin succeeded taking her life on it. They found it brought on suicidal tendencies. My mother was amazing until her shrink got her on meds. It was awful to watch between medication changes. Zombie states, forgot where she lived, a-lot more and my mother was brilliant.  It honestly destroyed her, her shrink should be in jail.  Many medical professionals are toxic as ****. Sorry meds help many but also destroy many beautiful minds.  I lived it. Its not fun. Its prescribed and the side effects can ruin many beautiful minds . Britney was on forced meds like Judy Garland😔. That should have never been allowed. I kinda hate them but know many benefit taking them. Yet my experience turned me off .

i'm sorry for your loss and thank you so much for this post. it is VERY important!

britney was forced medication that she might not have even needed to make her compliant to team con and what they wanted out of her. a fact often forgotten when discussing her mental health. which, i think discussing her mental health is a whole different thing that isn't ever discussed with the care and grace that it should be discussed in.

there is nothing wrong with being mental ill and nothing wrong with taking or not taking medication for it. that is entirely britney's choice to make now, and it should have always been. in my opinion, the conservatorship caused more damage to her mental health than anything she may or may not have been dealing with before it. she is STILL processing, still healing, still figuring it out. and the public refuses to allow her the time and space she needs to do it. it's sick.

3 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

TikTok is ridiculous right now with conspiracy theories but the latest one really is a stretch. 

The claims are that someone went back all the way to 2018 and found this video that suggest that this was allegedly the “real” Britney. They noted how sharp Britney’s movements were and how she wasn’t pulling her shorts up. 

They claim from this 2022 video that the Britney in the new spinning videos are not actually Britney and is someone else Aka “fake Britney” due to her now pulling up her shorts  :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

I’m aware that this sounds ridiculous but I just had to bring attention to it as it’s just another ridiculous narrative that is trying to be portrayed against Britney :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

Do you see a difference in Britney and her dancing in the videos? 

#StopTheConspiracies 

Search “findbritany” on TikTok and you will find the video that I’m talking about! :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

I wouldn't expect that from you. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

4 hours ago, Steve W said:

I’m very sorry to hear this ❤️ So sorry for what you’ve been through and for your cousin too, and your mother. I get it, that medication I switched to caused me to self harm and have serious suicidal thoughts, so I had to switch back asap. 

I do agree with you that medication isn’t the be all and end all, and that it can also harm a person. At the same time though, mental health meds can be life saving and essential too, it’s a delicate choice always. 

I do think maybe some mental health issues are too serious not to medicate, and this is the controversial thing I’m wondering about Britney. 

5 hours ago, gar said:

So much for the 'care plan' then.

The Care Plan was never the binding contract it was made out to be, yet alone, the mythos that conspiracy created around it. It was always an agreement but noone can forced to engage...

Britney has made it clear she does have phobias, distrust of people and doctors, and fear related trauma, and all of it is understable; I mean, it can take one blood test for people to terrified of doctors and needles. Britney distrusting doctors after her father picked and chose what they had to say, because he was essentially signing the business deals that relied the Britney being healthy, is a terrifying concept.

If Britney has chosen to do anything, she's within her rights to do it but she's doing it privately for a reason...

Frankly, it still goes to prove how much conspiracy theory will always benefit an oppressor; the only people who get excluded or excused are people she has deemed as her oppressors.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

I will probably get warning points, or at least people being annoyed with me but..if I was to be honest about what I think is going on with Britney - not that my opinion counts one bit! - I just think since the conservatorship ended her mental health issues have got worse and worse and she’s possibly stopped taking the medication she was on since 2008.

And it seems like one or multiple mental health issues plus possible personality disorders, and this is what we’ve been seeing, both in her captions and her dancing/***** etc. 

This is not me attempting to diagnose her!! She may well have zero mental health problems at all, and I’m just talking about things I don’t understand. 

That is my hunch anyway. I also don’t believe Sam is a bad guy or controlling/abusing her, but I’d still believe that theory over the body double fake Britney one. 

Maybe Britney was put on medication she didn't actually need for 14 years for her conservators to be able to keep pulling the "she's mentally ill but stable" narrative and she is now finally getting off of them because she didn't need them anyway and is trying not to keep being dependent on them her entire life, did you ever think of that 'theory' ?

Edit: you do know that this 'theory' that Britney has mental illness(es) was constructed by the people around her back in '07 to get her into the conservatorship, right ? There is 0 and absolutely 0 actual proof that supports the theory other than it being a narrative the media has been running for 15 years.

Edited by everybodygoesdown
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

This wave of conspiracy theory, as far as I'm concerned, really sorts of those who are/were Britney fans, from those who just latch onto a smidge of conspiracy theory.

I just want to add, I think that video was 2019-2020, not 2018, but if it's going to be framed as Britney before/Britney after, then the point remains...

Britney's Instagram wasn't this overnight switch. It changed like any other account over time, but this one in particular lacks any context relevant information...

In 2018, Britney had finished Vegas, was about to go on tour, and was doing so much, those benefiting from the conservatorship were getting raises. Britney was in incredible physical shape, performance ready shape.

When we flash forward to anything after 2018, whether it be 2019 or now is irrelevant, because for Britney, everything changed, she went through an event that she has deemed the most traumatic of her life where she felt his life was at risk, she couldn't function due to medication she was forced on, developed traumas and phobias of people, spaces etc. and developed nerve damage from the medication....

...and then she broke her ankle, at a time when she was striking...

AND THEN...Covid Lockdown happened which knocked the world out of joint to this day, but Britney was still denied comfort and selfcare during this time...

...and then everything blew up with documentaries, interviews, lawyers responses, courts, Britney speaking out and everything that happened after that leading to the ending of the conservatorship; that would have been incredibly stressful and infuriating...

...AND THEN, once it ended, she has had to deal with her sisters book, MORE court issues from her mother and father, her ex-husbands interviews, parental alienation, not only feeling used, but having it proven...

Essentially, Britney isn't in a place where she cares about how she is perceived, she's in a place where she cares for herself, because when she was in the former, she was denied the latter...

Britney dances for herself because she has no obligation to do it for anyone else.

So thats where these theories that fall apart, they lack context and rational, and strip Britney of any compassion because its easier to speculate on how something looks.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Maybe Britney was put on medication she didn't actually need for 14 years for her conservators to be able to keep pulling the "she's mentally ill but stable" narrative and she is now finally getting off of them because she didn't need them anyway and is trying not to keep being dependent on them her entire life, did you ever think of that 'theory' ?

Edit: you do know that this 'theory' that Britney has mental illness(es) was constructed by the people around her back in '07 to get her into the conservatorship, right ? There is 0 and absolutely 0 actual proof that supports the theory other than it being a narrative the media has been running for 15 years.

Yes I’ve definitely thought of that of course, but different things can be true at the same time. I saw it daily, her actions and behaviour around that time, and she did seem as though she was unravelling and not mentally healthy. 

As far as I’m aware we’ve heard her account of why she was put on meds and put into the conservatorship initially, and that may not be totally accurate. We’ve never actually seen her sealed health records, nor do we need to. 

Did those people then decide to take complete advantage of the conservatorship and act in a way that’s immoral and unlawful? YES in my opinion, they totally did. And did the conservatorship cause even more mental health problems for Britney as a direct result of it? Probably, but maybe those illnesses (if they exist) would be there anyway. 

Maybe the medication she was put on was warranted initially, we just don’t know that. All I can see, as a fan, is her behaviour, her words and the words of others around her, including her children, who have suffered a lot too. My feeling is she’s not doing too well since the conservatorship ended, and it’s probably for so many reasons. The trauma of the past 13 years being in one, any original mental health issues she had, adjusting to life as a free woman, and probably loads more we don’t know about.

I say all these things with respect, care and humbly, because none of us actually KNOW what’s going on with her. I just gave my thoughts because someone asked, I don’t talk about this at all in real life, have never left a comment under her Instagram, and don’t talk about it anywhere else online either. Only here and only if the topic comes up.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, everybodygoesdown said:

Adding to this...

When it comes to mental health nowadays, celebrities are offered empathy and compassion...unless they are Britney for this very reason.

The arguments used during the conservatorship are paper thin because they crumble with simple questioning and in retrospect, Britney had never appeared more disengaged in her career than during the conservatorship. You can't complain someone is so ill they need a conservatorship, but stable enough to go on a tour they look uncomfortable on for an album they barely worked on and you can't claim that's the improvement. I'm trying to be very careful in how I say this, but when we hear about her team literally played with brain chemistry unless she agreed to work, you cant claim to care about mental health at all...

...and still, even with all those powers granted by a court, a diagnosis that justified the conservatorship was never given, so at some point, you want to suggest that Britney isn't in the best place now, you have examine your role in that, especially when individuas had all the powers over her they had.

If anything, the conservatorship itself is proof that it was unnecessary because if Britney has deemed that and events that happened during it as the most traumatic events of her life, you did something wrong.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

Yes I’ve definitely thought of that of course, but different things can be true at the same time. I saw it daily, her actions and behaviour around that time, and she did seem as though she was unravelling and not mentally healthy. 

As far as I’m aware we’ve heard her account of why she was put on meds and put into the conservatorship initially, and that may not be totally accurate. We’ve never actually seen her sealed health records, nor do we need to. 

Did those people then decide to take complete advantage of the conservatorship and act in a way that’s immoral and unlawful? YES in my opinion, they totally did. And did the conservatorship cause even more mental health problems for Britney as a direct result of it? Probably, but maybe those illnesses (if they exist) would be there anyway. 

Maybe the medication she was put on was warranted initially, we just don’t know that. All I can see, as a fan, is her behaviour, her words and the words of others around her, including her children, who have suffered a lot too. My feeling is she’s not doing too well since the conservatorship ended, and it’s probably for so many reasons. The trauma of the past 13 years being in one, any original mental health issues she had, adjusting to life as a free woman, and probably loads more we don’t know about.

I say all these things with respect, care and humbly, because none of us actually KNOW what’s going on with her. I just gave my thoughts because someone asked, I don’t talk about this at all in real life, have never left a comment under her Instagram, and don’t talk about it anywhere else online either. Only here and only if the topic comes up.

If the medication or even the conservatorship was warranted, why wasn't Britney given the time to adjust privately? Within two weeks, she was filming cameos for TV. Within six months, She had an entire release planned and within the year, she was doing laps of the world...

Which is where the notion of the conservatorship as a positive thing crumbles; if Britney needed it, why wasn't she given time? If she was wo unwell, why was she working immediately? And this without what Britney has since told us I.e being called fat, a bad mother, a ***** etc. By her father daily.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

You're talking about 'what you see' and 'what you feel' and 'what it seems like to you'. Are you a psyciatrist ? Did you have conversations with Britney ? 

No you are not. Your 'factualisation' that she suffers from a mental illness is based on:

1/ what you have been shown by the media, an ongoing pushed narrative of 15+ years that Britney Spears suffers from mental illness

2/ what you clearly want for yourself: to have an idol that suffers from the same problems you apparently suffer from

You're doing exactly what you said you wouldn't do in your original post: diagnose her.

Again: there is 0 factual proof for this 'theory' that Britney has mental illness - let alone multiple personalities like you literally claim - (and of course neither for your theory that she a) needs medication and b) has stopped taking her medication). What you think you see or feel isn't factual proof.

Edited by everybodygoesdown
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block