Christina Aguilera fans shading Britney Spears

12 hours ago, YeezusChrist said:

Never understood the comparison in the first place. 2 completely different artists lol

The comparisons came from: 

Both on the MMC

Both we’re friends at that time 

Both released pop albums around the same time

Both are close in age

Both blonde

Both we’re doing a lot of the same things as rivals, sketchers, Pepsi, coke ect.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Both on the MMC

Both are close in age

Both blonde

Both we’re doing a lot of the same things as rivals, sketchers, Pepsi, coke ect.

But they're two completely different artists. Britney is a way better performer. Nobody could match her in her prime. She had this fire in her eyes that was unlike any of her contemporaries. I never understood the backlash she got for lip-syncing since even though she has a good voice, that's not what's bringing people to a Britney concert. The way she commanded the stage was completely unique to her.

Christina was always at the opposite end of the spectrum. Her voice is objectively better than Britney's so she relies on that. It's like comparing Adele and J-Lo. Both are incredibly talented in their own ways. There definitely does not need to be hate between the two fanbases

Abc Mj GIF by The Bachelor

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

But they're two completely different artists. Britney is a way better performer. Nobody could match her in her prime. She had this fire in her eyes that was unlike any of her contemporaries. I never understood the backlash she got for lip-syncing since even though she has a good voice, that's not what's bringing people to a Britney concert. The way she commanded the stage was completely unique to her.

Christina was always at the opposite end of the spectrum. Her voice is objectively better than Britney's so she relies on that. It's like comparing Adele and J-Lo. Both are incredibly talented in their own ways. There definitely does not need to be hate between the two fanbases

Abc Mj GIF by The Bachelor

Yeah, as time went on the GP and fans got to see them differently as artists.

Initially they both did pop albums that were considered bubblegum and were doing a lot of the same stuff their first era's.

• Love 1

Any fanbase will have a group where shading seems like winning but honestly it's quite meaningless.

My personal dislike towards xtina is because of the many times she was rude to other artists for no reason, not just towards Britney. I don't know her personally but what is shown and how she handled them is quite revealing to me. I do like her music and I think her success these days is something to congratulate, but if her fans are being the same and bashing Britney for no reason, that's unlikable (the fans).

I think us Britney fans should stay respectful and not stoop to the same level.

I don't really care for her award as well, but good for her, and if her fans think Britney is only talked about because of her racy pics and saying that makes then feel better, whatever.

8 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

Both on the MMC

Both are close in age

Both blonde

I agree but this was all like 20 years ago. I think Christina fans just can’t grasp that Britney outlasted Christina professionally, because they thought Christina having a “better voice” would mean she would outlast Britney. But Britney had the “X factor” that continues to intrigue people to this day. Unfortunately, this ultimately ended up backfiring on Britney, as the media and basically the world became fixated on everything regarding her, including her personal life. In that sense, Christina had it easier as nobody really cared about her own personal issues, including her divorce and issues with alcohol. She’s the one with the mugshot after all. But with Britney, everything she said and did was put under a microscope, and she eventually and inevitably broke under the pressure.

The ironic thing is, I think Britney wanted a family and happiness more than success, and Christina wanted a long career in music.  In that aspect, they both lost. But Christina at least has peace in her life, while Britney continues to struggle personally. It’s just sad all around.’

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

I agree but this was all like 20 years ago. I think Christina fans just can’t grasp that Britney outlasted Christina professionally, because they thought Christina having a “better voice” would mean she would outlast Britney. But Britney had the “X factor” that continues to intrigue people to this day. Unfortunately, this ultimately ended up backfiring on Britney, as the media and basically the world became fixated on everything regarding her, including her personal life. In that sense, Christina had it easier as nobody really cared about her own personal issues, including her divorce and issues with alcohol. She’s the one with the mugshot after all. But with Britney, everything she said and did was put under a microscope, and she eventually and inevitably broke under the pressure.

The ironic thing is, I think Britney wanted a family and happiness more than success, and Christina wanted a long career in music.  In that aspect, they both lost. But Christina at least has peace in her life, while Britney continues to struggle personally. It’s just sad all around.’

I’m not sure how you don’t see that Christina had a long career in music she just released another album and she won a Grammy for it of course people are going to take the fact that she won a Grammy yet they were excited about the prospect that Brittany could’ve been nominated for hold me closer for a Grammy It’s all hypocritical in the end.

For some people a lot and a lot of their claim is Christina hasn’t sold a lot of music as a late which most artist have it anymore so that is hilarious.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

I’m not sure how you don’t see that Christina had a long career in music she just released another album and she won a Grammy for it of course people are going to take the fact that she won a Grammy yet they were excited about the prospect that Brittany could’ve been nominated for hold me closer for a Grammy It’s all hypocritical in the end.

For some people a lot and a lot of their claim is Christina hasn’t sold a lot of music as a late which most artist have it anymore so that is hilarious.

I’m just stating facts. Christina only really has 3 commercially successful albums, her debut, “Stripped”, and “Back 2 Basics”. Does anybody take the Grammys seriously these days? After all, Beyonce has more than Mariah, Whitney, Celine and Madonna have combined. They ultimately mean **** and if that’s all you can cling onto, that’s kind of proving my point. Her solo career stalled in late 2006, which is like 17 years ago. That’s not even an opinion, its just facts and like I said, Christina fans refuse to accept it. It is what it is. 

Edited by Emil87
1 minute ago, Emil87 said:

I’m just stating facts. Christina only really has 3 commercially successful albums, her debut, “Stripped”, and “Back 2 Basics”. Does anybody take the Grammys seriously these days? After all, Beyonce has more than Mariah, Whitney, Celine and Madonna have combined. They ultimately mean **** and if that’s all you can cling onto, that’s kind of proving my point. Her solo career stalled in late 2006, which is like 17 years ago. That’s not even an opinion, its just facts and like I said, Christina fans refuse to accept it. It is what it is. 

Bj flopped and so did Glory and no new B album since 2016! Most music artist are flopping!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Eternalhouse said:

Any fanbase will have a group where shading seems like winning but honestly it's quite meaningless.

My personal dislike towards xtina is because of the many times she was rude to other artists for no reason, not just towards Britney. I don't know her personally but what is shown and how she handled them is quite revealing to me. I do like her music and I think her success these days is something to congratulate, but if her fans are being the same and bashing Britney for no reason, that's unlikable (the fans).

I think us Britney fans should stay respectful and not stoop to the same level.

I don't really care for her award as well, but good for her, and if her fans think Britney is only talked about because of her racy pics and saying that makes then feel better, whatever.

My thoughts too. Christina has a very sharp tongue and can be a bit crass towards others. 

8 minutes ago, DiamondCircus said:

Bj flopped and so did Glory and no new B album since 2016! Most music artist are flopping!

That doesn’t change the fact that while Christina’s professional career stalled in 2006, Britney continued having success well into 2012. And just this year she had a top 10 hit on Billboard. Which means people are still interested in her music career. Besides the Latin Grammy, have ANY of her last 4 solo projects since “Back 2 Basics” made any impact at all? There is just no denying Britney has always outsold and outshined Christina professionally. 

But like I said, Christina seems to be in a much better place personally and mentally so maybe it’s a good thing she never had the level of success and public interest as Britney has. I myself would actually prefer a happier, peaceful personal life over a bigger professional career. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block