Did you know Neyo wrote Beyonce's "Irreplaceable" with Shania Twain and Faith Hill in mind?

I was watching an old interview with Neyo, who wrote the demo for Beyonce's "Irreplaceable", and he mentioned that he originally had Shania Twain and Faith Hill in mind for this track. Could you imagine if Shania or Faith released it? Would it have helped them crossover even more successfully? Unfortunately, this was around the time that Shania was dealing with Lyme disease and Faith Hill actually did release a comeback album a few years later. He said Beyonce heard the track and wanted it ASAP. 

songs-written-for-other-people-15-140794
WWW.CAPITALXTRA.COM

'Irreplaceable' was written by the extremely talented singer and songwriter Ne-Yo, along with production duo Stargate. The track was actually written with a country vibe in mind, and intended to...

Do you think prime Shania could have gotten a big Pop Hit with this track?

Edited by jordeezy

I can't imagine how it would have sounded. But Shania is great. Her prime cannot be compared to Bey nor anyone. Three diamond albums in the 90s? That's more than huge.......when would Bey and her mafia family and schemes? 

Even at her worst vocally ( her words, not mine. I think she is and has always been great vocally) she is better than everything we hear on the radio nowadays.... 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I can't imagine how it would have sounded. But Shania is great. Her prime cannot be compared to Bey nor anyone. Three diamond albums in the 90s? That's more than huge.......when would Bey and her mafia family and schemes? 

Even at her worst vocally ( her words, not mine. I think she is and has always been great vocally) she is better than everything we hear on the radio nowadays.... 

how he intended it to sound 

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block