Tags to Filter out the Noise

ByDemand

In the latest P**ez thread there were questions about how threads are (no longer) featured on the front page that @Jordan Miller answered. I was aware of this change back when it was made, but in light of the increase in speculation I had a recommendation from one of my other forums that has been pretty successful. 

Rather than an open tag system like here, they use preset tags (i.e. a single select drop down) - eg. News / Speculation / Question … so on. 

I was thinking perhaps there could be a similar system used here, where there’s more careful moderation of what is deemed “News” and thus only News shows on the homepage. Or perhaps multiple sections for each major tag. 

Anyhow, just a suggestion for the team with all the craziness going on as of late. The front page has… scared me a bit at times and had me thinking :eyes_britney_laugh:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jordan Miller said:

Thanks for the idea. I tried this before, but I don’t want the homepage to only feature news. I want opinions to be showcased, too. Which would not answer this problem. So then we get into deciding whose opinion should be featured and whose shouldn’t. It gets gray quick. 

Ah got it. Makes sense, thanks for the explanation!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block