Jesy Nelson's 2nd single is called 'Cried Out' and the music video has been filmed

Slayer

I AM READY :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

JESY NELSON has secretly made another step towards her return.

I can reveal that the ex-Little Mix star has quietly filmed a music video for her long-awaited second single.

The singer recorded a promo for her new song Cried Out on a locked-down set at Twickenham Studios in South West London on Friday.

It was directed by her ex Harry James.

A music insider revealed: “This new record marks a fresh start for Jesy — she’s had a year to get over the drama of her ill-fated first single, which was actually met with a lot of critical positivity, and has put the episode behind her.

“She’s poured a lot of her feelings into the lyrics and hopes that the track will mark the beginning of a new era for her. She’s excited and raring to go.”

Jesy, who is dating rapper Zion Foster, has been in and out of recording studios in both the UK and the US all year working hard on honing her sound.

Source: The Sun

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, mhally said:

I’m excited! :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: I’m really curious what direction she will take for the sound of this single and for her album as a whole. Can’t wait! 

I'm veryyy excited :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

She's going to have a veryyyy uphill battle after everything, so we can only pray :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: so many people have switched on her but i'm slowly seeing more positivity about her!

• Love 2
Just now, Slayer said:

I absolutely LOVE that Top 5 UK hit too :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

So excited for what is to come, I feel like this song will be veryyyy different!

yeh. i do think/hope this new song shows her in a different light and the video doesnt stir up controversary this time. Even though i loved the song Boyz i did get the impression from the video and performances she did she was trying too hard to completely get away from jesy  from little mix and be 'cool' and hanging her tongue out of her mouth every 2 seconds and it just made her look desperate. i hope this song shows a bit more maturity from her 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Style. said:

I would’ve released it after BOYZ to keep the momentum going. But I think this is going to be a ‘switch up’ of image. I’m interested! 💕

she has essentially done what Britney did in 2015 when she released Pretty Girls and it flopped so she went back to the studio for a year, apparently scrapped an album then completely changed the sound to what became Glory

1 minute ago, Style. said:

I would’ve released it after BOYZ to keep the momentum going. But I think this is going to be a ‘switch up’ of image. I’m interested! 💕

She couldn't,  @Slayercould tell you, Covid, then a disastrous jungle ball performance, though it was classic Jesy Nelson..

But, then add polydor got in probably in pr mode and force her into hey go Do the girl group music as a solo act. 

It ended probably bad bts for her, she left but the press and polydor will say she was dropped..

1 minute ago, jonloch1 said:

she has essentially done what Britney did in 2015 when she released Pretty Girls and it flopped so she went back to the studio for a year, apparently scrapped an album then completely changed the sound to what became Glory

Britney and Jesy are two women in very different positions. I get your point, but Jesy is a new artist, she should’ve released an album by now. However, I believe she got hijacked by her record label. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She couldn't,  @Slayercould tell you, Covid, then a disastrous jungle ball performance, though it was classic Jesy Nelson..

But, then add polydor got in probably in pr mode and force her into hey go Do the girl group music as a solo act. 

It ended probably bad bts for her, she left but the press and polydor will say she was dropped..

The performance at Jingle Bell Ball was great :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: it was EXACTLY the sort of performance Little Mix would do, if any other LM girl did that performance it wouldn't have got such hate. It was just because of the hate train, also if you listen to performances from the other acts her cheers were louder than the majority.

@Spicechinodiva I actually speak to Jesy regularly on instagram and she's genuinely SO sweet and positive about the future. She said to me a few days it is her fans that get her through the bad days.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Slayer said:

I'm veryyy excited :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

She's going to have a veryyyy uphill battle after everything, so we can only pray :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: so many people have switched on her but i'm slowly seeing more positivity about her!

Ngl, I had some feelings about some things that happened around that time. But folks were being super dramatic over even the smallest things and I was like :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: 

Jessy has this voice that’s smooth like butter. And not like a brand name from the supermarket, but the stuff that they serve in fancy restaurants. The type of butter that tastes like it’s been battered by God himself, lol. It’s so smooth and special and is so easy on the ears. Her voice is very unique, super sultry and soulful, and I can’t wait to hear more new material from her. The dry spell been too long :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

42 minutes ago, Style. said:

Britney and Jesy are two women in very different positions. I get your point, but Jesy is a new artist, she should’ve released an album by now. However, I believe she got hijacked by her record label. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Yeh, suppose as well PG flopped whereas even though she had backlash Boyz actually charted top 3 and it is sort of odd having a successful single then disappearing. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block