This 1999 Tour was the last time The Spice Girls was the real Version we love, a year later the mature image was something not Authentic.

In 1999, The Spice Girls relaunched the group in spectacular fashion,  some fans said this is where the time for the 3rd album should have come out, as this show proved thus was the magic of the Spice Girls,  bright colors. Over the top personality and happy all around to be with each other. Including Melanie C.  

Waiting a full year hurt them and by one year later, the mood was different and the vibe was to. 

Wearing black and the more mature image was against everything that made the people loved about them in the first place..

There was a place for then, but Rodney Jerkins high jacking the album and made the most unauthentic move, a British Girl group sounding like every other American girl group out there, meaning a case of lost identity. 

This show introduces the "Pop" version of Right back at ya, and W.O.M.A.N. , a fan favorite track that Melanie C dissed as a b side. 

Adding insult to injury, Woman was supposed to be on Forever but was  dropped for being too much like Spiceworld. 

@jordeezy

• Love 1

To think that "Wannabe" was released in July 1996 and "Viva Forever" in July 1998 is crazy !

Only in 2 years Spice Girls brand made almost  billion dollars and created worldwide hysteria

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

The problem with "Forever" album was that it was too much of a sound departure from "Spice World" , it was basically Mel B's style of album, and Geri's debut album was more like what 3rd Spice Girls album should sound like.

Also in September 2000 when "Holler" was released, the new generation of bubble gum pop stars as Britney were released and Britney was already a huge megastar so lot of young fans shifted towards them instead to stay with Spice Girls.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

In my opinion,

I think the Spice Girls as we knew and loved DIED when Geri left.

Once she left, its like the magic was gone and something was missing.

I agree. I remember my babysitter, when I was 8, came over and told me Geri left. I was so disappointed. And honestly, I feel like every time any one of them is missing, that magic is gone. They’re a five piece, not a four piece.

• Love 1

Geri killed the transition and post-Spiceworld work :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I read that a lot of things got scrapped because she left so suddenly:heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

TBH I loved the singles from Forever (Goodbye was added but "she doesn't go here!" tbh) but the album was not my fave. That era was a mess. It didn't flow and felt like a rebranding for a death already announced.

Spice Girls will be forever iconic for world domination with 1 album and just with 2 albums being so succesful, like INSANE behaviour

• Super Mods
18 hours ago, crazyasamuthafukka said:

I agree. I remember my babysitter, when I was 8, came over and told me Geri left. I was so disappointed. And honestly, I feel like every time any one of them is missing, that magic is gone. They’re a five piece, not a four piece.

Yeah and even now on their last tour.

Yes Geri is back but now Victoria doesnt wanna be apart of it and that makes me sad cause she was my FAVE spice girl!

If I ever get to see them live, I want it to be all 5 of them, not just 4.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block