What are your thoughts on the female rap scene? Do you think female rappers will phase out?

Genuinely asking. I feel like they are more visible right now as they used to be thanks to social media, but there’s something that lacks regarding female rap game. spacer.png

This year, Flo Milli is the only female rapper who had her own tour and was successful. I know Doja is achieving new heights as we speak, but she is having a hard time being recognized by the hip-hop community. 

spacer.png

This is a serious topic. What are your thoughts on the female rap scene? Do you think female rappers will phase out? 

• Love 1

I dunno how to express this but I'll try. I know there are more female rappers, who are glowing because Onika revived this thing called female rap. Full stop. I am the most familiar (from the newer ones) only with Onika because she carried female rap on her shoulders for a long time. Well, then Igloo and Belcalis showed up but there was something lacking. Even now, with that horse lady and City Girls and all the remaining "smaller" female rappers I feel like there is something lacking. To me, it seems like Belcalis' whole career is like an annoying ad that is fabricated just to generate cash but the product is not so good. I mean, those female rappers do not seem genuine to me. And I don't even know most of them. I am most familiar with Onika, Igloo, Belcalis and the horse lady and I do not even listen two of the four named rappers. They are like a hook up. You know, when you just go out to **** and never see that person again? That's how it feels to me. There are female rappers that are actually proud of their craft and they are honest and they work is good. Then there are people who are just in the industry earning money and as soon as they are rich enough, they stop doing even that bare minimum. That is how I feel it is. Hope I do make sense here. It's just a bunch of people having their five minutes of fame just to disappear to never heard of again. 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block