Zoe Saldana Calls Britney Spears a 'Natural' While Reflecting on 20th Anniversary of 'Crossroads'

41 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Brit was robbed of an Oscar for her performance. :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

In all seriousness, I do actually think she did a good job in that movie, and people made fun of her anyway because she was a pop star doing a movie. I've occasionally heard some Britney fans dislike her performance. If she were bad I'd admit it. I thought she did well. IMO, she's the full package as an entertainer even if dance is her #1. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, madara said:

I love the whole cast. They all went places except Anson. Idk what happened there lol

He’s actually had a more consistent acting career than Taryn. He’s currently the star of the new Star Trek series. Before this, was part of the Marvel universe, and was the lead and producer of an acclaimed show called Hell On Wheels. Wiki him and he’s always been working. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, IsraeliMatt said:

In all seriousness, I do actually think she did a good job in that movie, and people made fun of her anyway because she was a pop star doing a movie. I've occasionally heard some Britney fans dislike her performance. If she were bad I'd admit it. I thought she did well. IMO, she's the full package as an entertainer even if dance is her #1. 

This! And when she cries in the bathroom with Ben... I find it very believable to the point that I cry too when I watch that scene tumblr_lsud7whrOn1r3ty02o1_500.gif

:wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, IsraeliMatt said:

she was very good as Lucy, Lucy was supposed to be an awkward person and I thought Britney pulled that off well but in some parts it did look like acting inexperience; that being said, Britney completely stole the scene with her dramatic scenes, more so than that one scene with Zoe and Taryn in the end of the movie

• Like 2
9 hours ago, IsraeliMatt said:

Agreed. It was trendy at the time for reviewers to trash any movie with a pop singer in (after Glitter). Britney's performance in the movie was actually good. I always wish she had also starred in a comedy movie though as she has such natural comedy timing as we saw in shows like Will and Grace and HIMYM.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.