What song instantly reminds you of a memory in your life and what is that memory?

don't have a particular example off the top of my head, but basically the way I remember each stage of my life is through music.

Sometimes and Crazy remind me of 1st grade, the Pokémon fever, going to Burger King on Sundays, etc. but so does Genie in a Bottle, Larger Than Life and many other songs of that era. 

Someday reminds me of my first year of middle school, IUSA reminds me of high school, and so Femme Fatale.

Britney Jean I would listen to it every day on my commute to college in 2014, I also remember putting up the Christmas tree in 2013 with that album in the background lol

Glory reminds me of my first job. I also remember crying the first time I listened to Man on the Moon :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

But yeah, in general is hard to tie a song to one specific memory, because it's more like I relate them to periods of time, and in the case of songs I really like, I keep listening to them to this day, so it's not like I just heard them once in my life, or just a brief period of time. 

"Contageous" by Avril Lavigne. When The Best D@m Thing came out, I was in college, working at UPS and at a fast food restaurant. My bestie/ unrequited crush came in to work to see me every day. He would hold hands with me in the car and even told me this song reminded him of me but then had the nerve to tell me he wasn't in love with me. He even kissed my hand!!!! It drove me mad but I can never forget how he made me feel back then.

It breaks my heart that the boys we were back then never got a chance to thrive as a couple. 

• 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block