POP EMERGENCY: Is “exhale” finished? - Jordan speaks!!

KrisJ

6 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Oh, just saw this. And? That’s the story. I’ve always reported about what’s going on with Britney. And bc of that post, I got an update to clarify with fans and also some warm wishes from Britney. If you don’t like it here you can log out :) 

:If you don’t like it here you can log out !

Yeah ! Typical answer when you don't have anything to say.

You know! When I saw  the video of that vile woman tearing Britney apart, I almost died, I got all kind of feelings. I felt hurt, sad, angry... etc  It took me like 15 minutes to finish it, cause I couldn't take it, especially when that Beetch called Britney 'Hillbilly'... 

Hours later, you posted that story with ZERO COMPASSION or SYMPATHY or CONSIDERATION towards Britney,  you could've at least chosen kind and soft words to describe the situation, but you didn't.  You just reported what that hateful.sl** said word by word !!!! 

It's ok to report news and stories, but there's a certain way to do it, and you should know better.

Come on ! A Britney fan would never 

What would Britney think if she saw your post.... "her fans are turning against her"

There are Britney fans on here who defend whatever she does no matter how rude she may come across eg. Xtina and her plus-size dancers. There are Britney fans on here who attack everything she does/says: "Her extensions!" "Her make-up!" "Her clothes!"

And then there's everyone else in between who are able to defend her on some things but will criticise her when they feel it's appropriate. I enjoy seeing other views but think everyone just needs to be a bit more tolerant of others and their views. 

I'd miss Exhale if it went away.  

• Love 2
  • Like 1
Just now, ItsBeanie****** said:

There are Britney fans on here who defend whatever she does no matter how rude she may come across eg. Xtina and her plus-size dancers. There are Britney fans on here who attack everything she does/says: "Her extensions!" "Her make-up!" "Her clothes!"

And then there's everyone else in between who are able to defend her on some things but will criticise her when they feel it's appropriate. I enjoy seeing other views but think everyone just needs to be a bit more tolerant of others and their views. 

I'd miss Exhale if it went away.  

Incredible comment I agree 100 % people shouldn't take another viewpoint personal if it's not a personal attack on that specific member.

I love hearing all viewpoints and opinions and it's not right to silence someone because that one person doesn't agree or has a different viewpoint. 

It would be cool to have people around to keep things calm but not jump in and force their narrative on you. 

• Love 4

I’ve only been here a little less than a year, so I can’t really look at the situation with a retrospective perspective. A bit of a story time: I used to be an active member on two forums for quite many years. I love forums and I grew up on them. One of those forums pulled the plug and I think the other might if not already has. I grew out of them and I was very glad I got to find Exhale to get my Britney and pop culture fix. I’m a pophead through and through and I really enjoy discussing all kinds of subjects with people from all over the world. From previous experience and here I have always appreciated and understood the need for moderation. You can’t please everyone, but I like to think that with my many years on the interwebs I can make a good assessment: you’re doing a good job here with you team, Jordan. You can’t please everyone, but I bet you and your team are pleasing the majority of users here. I hope that you’ll eventually figure out if you still want to be involved with Exhale and what that’s gonna look like for you. For now I think you should pat yourself on the back for a job well done. Maybe taking some space and distance - however that would work for you - would be a good way to get a breather from Breathe Heavy. We all need a vacation sometimes. Anyway, thanks for putting the work into this wonderful corner of the internet! :kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing:

• Leader
43 minutes ago, wukemon said:

Jordan, you once said to me that the negativity comes with the territory. Mad props to you for how you’ve handled it and always “keeping it moving.” Definitely feel you on the burnout and wanting to disconnect.

Find the people you truly trust, and take their advice to heart.

Thank you, Kevin! Really appreciate it. :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

6 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Lol I used to think that too, but Exhale survived the social media age and is still thriving(?). Maybe I’ll integrate chat AI so that bots can start creating topics and commenting. That’s next :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food:

What I was labeling as "unsustainable" were posts about Britney thinking something about someone or what we imagine she prefers based on our wild assumptios.  If Britney disappears for 3 years or if her SM were to be closed for a while... Never have I thought that the site hasn`t overcome many things. It definitely, successfully, has. 

16 hours ago, DiamondCircus said:

I agree with the part of you can tell when someone wants their POV to be the only one. Some people make things personal if they don't agree you face the consequences.

That's part of the issue is so many people have mentioned their voices aren't heard, their opinions are being shut out and the narrative if being consumed to reflect one POV. 

Totally agreed. I don`t like those individuals and their push to classify any diverting opinion as "bad". As long as things are presented respectfully why try to cancel everyone?

19 hours ago, KrisJ said:

Is Exhale finished?? 

In a recent post, Exhale and Breatheheavy website owner expressed some doubts on exhales future - sources close to Jordan quoted him as saying:

To be honest… I’m getting to a place where I don’t really know what to do with exhale anymore. No matter what I do there’s criticism. Either it’s too negative, or too positive and people feel censored, or moderators get backlash, or there’s not enough moderating, and on and on. I just feel like I can’t win anymore and I am not really sure how (or if I want) to proceed. Not a cryptic threat. Just wondering if Exhale has run its course.” 

Thoughts, feelings? What will happen when Britney releases her next album? I’ll be damned before I sign up to ATRL :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:

HONESTLY exhale got out of hand since Britney was freed. Now it seems like an exhale people used to call it time ago...

But @Jordan Millerthink about how long this site has been on and what we have gone through... let's give it some more time before shutting off...

8 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Glitter is doing a really good job. I don’t think it’s cool to lay into someone for creating content and topics. Not everyone is going to find value in them but many do (including me).

Okay cool for you.  

As I've said before, privately, and will say again now, it's your site.  

Do what you want.  

Clearly, you're all in on this type of "content" but are also simultaneously wondering if it's reached a point past your tolerance because of what's happening.  Okay.  

No one's "laying into" anyone, jeez, if I'm not mistaken, this person, the mod, felt compelled to issue an apology to exhale for their relentless, pointless, posts.  

But now to point that out is risking admonishment from the Man himself... Cool.  It's your site.  Do what you want and need to. 

But I would then recommend not soliciting advice or reactions to the possibility of ending it, if you have every intention of just getting offended on behalf of others well then, hey... I'll slink back into oblivion.  Good luck to everyone that's joined in the last 8 months.  Apparently, it's your house now.  ✌️

I think Jordan is a sensitive soul and if he’s unable or unwilling to tolerate the discomfort of not making everyone 100% happy all the time, then I hope he feels empowered to do what’s best for him and his life. 

Personally, It’s taken me years of therapy and tons of brutal self reflection to chip away at things like perfectionism, self consciousness, co-dependence, not taking feedback personally, being comfortable with people having negative thoughts about me, self-censoring from a paralyzing fear of disappointing others, the pressure/anxiety of trying to keep up with other people’s professional accomplishments. Maybe I’m reaching @Jordan Miller, but I sense that you might share some of these struggles with me; I just want to let you know I feel for you and I respect your honesty about the demands this place has on you. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block