What was your reaction to this Britney moment?

As a kid, I was more impressed with Britneys Choreo and the fact that she was on the same stage as Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliot and that lady who sings Hollywood & Like a Virgin (yes I was not too familiar with who Madonna was). 

I didn't think anything of the kiss at the time, especially cause I've seen worse on days of our lives and bold and the beautiful (Brooke had already slept with Ridge, Thorne and Eric by this point), so I was really taken aback by the world's reaction to this, just because they were 2 females kissing.

Long story short, it was not shocking to me but the performance itself I could tell was going to be iconic :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, madara said:

I remember they were talking about it in the news before actually airing the show in our country. So it spoiled the entire thing for me. But i didn't think much of it. I just was happy Britney gave another unforgettable performance at the VMA's. 

It literally was everywhere in the news :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

• Like 2

I was 13 and find it very bold from their part due to the society conservatism. She kind let people talk about her, it felt like freedom. I don't know. She problably has lost some fans for doing that and  also gained a lot of new ones including me. Brave (new) girl!

I don't know if it would work nowadays because I guess it could be labeled as queer baiting, what you people think about it?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.