Why is 'Run Away with Me' One of the Greatest Pop Songs of all Time?

6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

It could've been her absolute comeback into the scene but they wasted all of the promo and stuff with IRLY, ugh :orangu_orangutan_ape: This is why I'm not ready to be a Carly stan just yet @i sometimes sing live, the pain of the Glory era was enough for me alone :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

I don't think the public deserves her anyways. The title track has been going viral on TikTok, but then people started saying they were disappointed the actual song sounded nothing like that spoken word bridge. Like, do you even hear yourself? TikTok users when they realize songs can be longer than 30-second sound bites with meme potential: :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

Never wanted to smack a h-e more in my life. She was this close to finally having another GP moment. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, i sometimes sing live said:

I don't think the public deserves her anyways. The title track has been going viral on TikTok, but then people started saying they were disappointed the actual song sounded nothing like that spoken word bridge. Like, do you even hear yourself? TikTok users when they realize songs can be longer than 30-second sound bites with meme potential: :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

The song did go viral for a bit, yes. Especially the "I'm coming back to you" part :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Also, YES! I 101% agree with you, DRAG them bestie :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud: With the rubbish they were spewing in the comments, I thought it was some watered-down mediocre disco production clearly made to get popular in TT with the 30 second snippet being the only nice part, but I was so surprised :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow: The production is one of the best in this year. It's so rich, lush, golden and THOSE violins :melt_weird_drift_wow: That's what you call retro music, not the stuff that quickly gets branded as '70s' or '80s' when it just uses one element from that era :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad: Too bad their "reverbed-slowed down" taste has been exposed to so much Dance Monkey's, Ginseng's and Oh No's to be able to understand what music actually is. Plus, I bet they heard like 1 minute of it and call it a day, since they can't tolerate 4 "daunting" minutes of a song, and I'm not even kidding when I tell you that I know people like that :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block